PDA

View Full Version : Few little faults, Help needed please

Soggy Llama
25-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Ok, though I never use it (Cruise control), it would be nice if it worked. Basically, what happens is I press the On/Off switch to turn it on, the little indicator light comes on (near the speedo/rev clocks) then as soon as I let go of the switch the light goes off. If I drive wierd, i can hold the button in but cant 'Set' the speed (though I managed it once.......at 60mph..........with no hands on the wheel whilst holding the switch on and using my other to set the speed on the rocker arm getting it to work which I dont think is how its supposed to happen).

Is it just the switch thats faulty or will the problem lie more deeper (and more expensive) within the cars braaaaaaains??

Next, If driving with the window down, when I try to raise it at motorway speed, the window goes up, then goes back down again. This doesnt happen at urban speeds, only on motorway speeds. Any ideas?

Cheers :)

psbarham
25-09-2009, 08:32 PM
check the clutch switch is set correctly, with the pedal fully released you need to make sure the plunger on the switch is fully depressed, to adjust you turn the switch 1/4 turn and move it towards the pedal and then turn it back 1/4 turn.
as for the windows, well they all do that

Soggy Llama
25-09-2009, 08:35 PM
All Galants or all cars in general? As that never happened in any other cars I've had with Leccy windies :S

As for the switch, should it 'click' on, or 'click and release' on? (if that makes sense)

Thanks for the plunger advice, will check that tomorrow.

**Also, just noticed I never mentioned it was the cruise control switch in the original post....Now edited**

psbarham
25-09-2009, 08:43 PM
its a push and release type.

the galant / legnum range all do it, its to do with the anti-trap getting triggered by the air pressure pushing the glass against the seals to hard

Soggy Llama
25-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Oooh I see. So the wife WAS right........i'll lie and tell her otherwise lol

As for the CC switch, would it be worth replacing the switch, as I said, It doesnt switch on with a single push unless you hold it, or will it indeed be something to do with the clutch plunger?

Also have another question, I wish to remove the GLS from my boot. Is it just stuck on or does it have them DAMN locator pins on the back of the badge too?

steelie600
25-09-2009, 09:57 PM
iirc its just a bloody strong sticky pad