PDA

View Full Version : Uk suppliers of Galant body kits ??

Bal
01-07-2004, 01:31 PM
is threre anyone? iv noticed most are from the US.

this isnt a problem really cos i could always get one from there when i visit relatives but ....

with regards to wheels - what size wheels and tyres are people fitting to their galants.

Im so thinking 19s but have a feeling the good old angle grinder is gonna come out.

B

colVR4
02-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Hi Bal,

I've just had 17" MOMO Fighters with 215/40 AVON ZZ-3 tyres fitted. They look the dogs bits, but it has highlighted the need to lower the car a bit. I personally didn't want to compromise ride comfort or handling by going any bigger than the 17" as I had heard that some people had experienced a noticeable difference when going to 18" and especially 19".

Hope this helps

Big Ian
02-07-2004, 10:51 AM
yip colV6 is right

as most folk i also went for 17'z with 225/45/17 (this size tyre+wheel keep's your speedo in line) and lower'd my car to close the gap between tyre+body.you can go up to 20" wheel's(black pici below)
as for body kit's from america be careful as they have a diff shape front (round the light's+grill) ZEDY 1 has an imported kit on his VR4 which gave him a bit of a :wall: headache when he was fitting it......... ( :bow: top job in the end)

i thought i'd add a bigger pici (colV6'z fault :lolz: )

colVR4
02-07-2004, 10:58 AM
weeeelllllll...if we are posting pictures of our motors..... :-D

pezza
02-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Hi Bal,

I am not sure about the bodykits but 19's do fit... I did have them on my car when I bought it. No angle grinders saws or mallets required :-)

As 19s tend to start from 8 or 8.5 inch wide I tried 235s and 245 tyres on and noticed how much extra traction there was with up 20mm more rubber on the road per tyre. Cornering was really flat and the car felt so solid and stable
esp on the motorway.. Tyres that size are crazy money tho and I noticed that the wear was much quicker! With good shocks and springs (Blisteins/eibach for example) the ride is suprisingly good and it doesnt feel uncomfortably hard
or back jarring.

About two weex ago I replaced the 19s with 17s. I posted up the reasons
in the following thread

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4340

where u will also see what they looked like in the first pic. Once the car is lowered the wheels don't look like 19s at all (must be some weird visual thing going on)

Am still deciding what to do with the 19s, but in mean time I will probably just clean them up...

The 17s feel great now (especially with new shocks) and I can rip round corners knowing (and hoping) the the tyres wont shear off or wear down in about 2 months :-)

If you do decide to go with 19s, watch out for the speedo issue that was mentioned earlier. It took a couple of speed cameras to remind me of the difference! . :sad3:

Hope This helps

Pezz

firefly
02-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Funky Product do uk galant body kits there are four different ones for different models.
The evo and skyline ones look very nice!! :D

http://www.funkyproduct.co.uk/item.php?carNumber=24&carMake=Galant&catTypeNumber=2&catType=Exterior&subcatType=Spoilers,%20Sideskirts,%20Bodykits%20et c&subcatTypeNumber=97

nick-f1
02-07-2004, 12:06 PM
Hi Bal veilside do some nice kits , check out www.hyeline.com for english suppliers on their web pages.

Nick

Bal
02-07-2004, 12:18 PM
iv been checking otu the funky products they are ok but i wasnt overly impressed.

with regards to speedo issue. this is known issue with upgrading wheels due to changes in rolling radius. must do research when purchasing wheels and possible getting speed reset.

as for 19s.

pros - look good , different.
cons - expensive to buy and expensive to keep (tyre costs)

maybe i should stick with 17s and get the car lowered. not sure yet. we shall see. i love the black car though SI. looks weel good.

B

firefly
02-07-2004, 02:57 PM
You're a difficult man to please given the limited options for galant body kits!!! :rolleyes5

Bal
02-07-2004, 04:08 PM
i know i know.

im sorry for being difficult. But when i was a youngun (saying that im only 23) i used to have a clio and had it done up in the rude boy style of the time.

Now i want something a bit classier. more refined.

i really like those wheels on the black car above. Mate has pretty much persuaded me that deep dish alloys are the way to go on my car.

as for body kits. there isnt a lot out there. the funky dubberies were pretty kewl i admin but not what i was after. i really likes the vr4 kit but my understanding is that this wouldnt fit on my car, right ?? :sad3:

B

ritch_w
02-07-2004, 04:38 PM
what year model is your V6?

if its not a sport - get the facelifted sport kit - looks just the same as VR4, i dont know if there are any differencesand you can add the VR4 arches as well

I can sort you out with a VR4 type rear spoiler but nothing eles (sorry!)

deffo get deep dish alloys as these look the dugs baws (local translation ;) )
stick with 17s though as these keep the speedo correct and keep the ride sorted.
get eibach progressive springs and if your flush bilstien shocks - I have the eibachs and they totally transformed the car - better handling with improved comfort! Bilsteins apparently make this even better

and there you have the ingredients for one sorted, tastefull and classy galant! :-b

Bal
04-07-2004, 11:51 PM
rich do you have any pics of these spoilers ??

Thanks
B

ritch_w
05-07-2004, 08:37 AM
rich do you have any pics of these spoilers ??

Thanks
B

I'm getting mine (the 1st one) back from the paint shop tonight.
I will post some terrible quality pics (courtesy of my crap digicam) tonight with full details of the spoilers - they are ABS not fibreglass and made to OE spec by TopWing, - and start taking orders

Spirit
05-07-2004, 10:30 AM
If money is no object then Nemisis have done a Galant body kit, was one on display at Pod....couple of pics here:

ONE (http://images.fotopic.net/?id=5323362&outx=800&oq=0)

TWO (http://images.fotopic.net/?id=5323363&outx=800&oq=0)

Big Ian
05-07-2004, 11:49 AM
If money is no object then Nemisis have done a Galant body kit, was one on display at Pod....couple of pics here:

ONE (http://images.fotopic.net/?id=5323362&outx=800&oq=0)

TWO (http://images.fotopic.net/?id=5323363&outx=800&oq=0)

uuUUUGHHHH!! what have they done,it look's boxy,does nothing for the superb line's of the galant.stock look's better than that kit.
nemesis usally make MIND-BLOWING kit's,i saw a doctor'd photo before of an evo kit they do (evo was in max power) on a galant which looked amazing

Spirit
05-07-2004, 12:19 PM
And estimated cost for kit, fitting, paint is around £2.5k apparantly ! :lipsrseal

Big Ian
05-07-2004, 12:23 PM
ouch!