PDA

View Full Version : Logging "other" things with EvoScan

Jesus-Ninja
06-10-2009, 03:06 PM
A quick scoot around reading up on EvoScan and it's clear that I can log my LC-1 wideband, so that's nice, but what about other things that output voltages - eg I've just ordered a knock sensor that has a 0 to 5v output. I guess in that scenario the stock knock sensor will get covered by evo scan, but you get the principle. Can I log other things? Couldn't find much on that subject.

John TheAntique
06-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Just get it, you wont regret it.

Jesus-Ninja
06-10-2009, 03:40 PM
Just get it, you wont regret it.

I will, and I'm sure i won't :)

Doesn't answer my question though does it ;) :p

elnevio
06-10-2009, 03:48 PM
Don't know if Eurospec are worth a PM?

Or you could email Limitless?

John TheAntique
06-10-2009, 09:43 PM
When you open evoscan there is a list of 73 items to datalog for a start and I do appologise but I haven't the time to list them all. Sufice it to say there can't be much data you can't see or log from it. This gives you some idea http://www.limitless.co.nz/EvoScan/ It will probably be the second best £20 you spend.

Jesus-Ninja
06-10-2009, 09:56 PM
When you open evoscan there is a list of 73 items to datalog for a start and I do appologise but I haven't the time to list them all. Sufice it to say there can't be much data you can't see or log from it. This gives you some idea http://www.limitless.co.nz/EvoScan/ It will probably be the second best £20 you spend.

Yup, thanks, John, seen that :) I have some devices which will output their own signals (aside from the stock components) and I'd like to log these too in line with the factors that EvoScan picks up.

Got this back from Limitless today:

Yes, the opportunity does exist to log your 0-5V sensors. I am looking into some usb adapters to sell in the near feature that will be compatable with EvoScan.

some people are currently logging extra 5v sensors via spare ADc inputs int he ecu, and then logging it via evoscan via the OBDII/MUTII port.

So that sounds promising :thumbsup:

eyeballprawn
06-10-2009, 10:10 PM
I've connected the MAP sensor from my EBC into the ECU's unused rear O2 sensor input to log & graph the boost with EvoScan. There's a thread over on OZVR4 about this.