PDA

View Full Version : Cannon Ball Run 2010

maori_by_nature
11-10-2009, 06:16 AM
for those that might b interested.....

http://www.aucklandmotorsport.co.nz/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5&Itemid=8&800303d398fc88eb313dc320572d7c41=a7623a57f0fc3f7fa 09b0cac52fb3e77

Goku
11-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Hmmm..... A true run would be both north and south Island :D

Looks pretty damn cool though

OnBoost!
12-10-2009, 05:56 AM
Haha they say you will be given a certain time to be at a certain place,then they say "We don't encourage speeding".

No doubt all of the competitors will be speeding hardcore...:p

SquattingDog
12-10-2009, 08:40 AM
I'll be in, so long as the RVR is on the road :D

bow dn
12-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Just emailed them for a registration pack yeah boi i wana chase me down a ferrari haha

maori_by_nature
13-10-2009, 12:45 AM
i wana no how much it is cause i wana do it to

dreamer
13-10-2009, 05:50 AM
LOL, came online to Post about this, then found this Thread.

E-mailed for a Registration Pack, still waiting though.

Also registered for upcoming events - Autoscross 2010 :)

maori_by_nature
13-10-2009, 07:24 AM
want a passanger 4 the cannon ball run bro i'm in!!! lol

dreamer
13-10-2009, 08:36 AM
want a passanger 4 the cannon ball run bro i'm in!!! lol

I figure (err, hoping) that atleast one person from CVR4 should be accepted to race, and the rest of us that want to 'experience' the exictment and talant can tag along with good co-ordination skills :)

Always keen for passengers, although I won't commit any seats at the moment as I don't know which of the boys are around then (they have to take turns for road trips). Plus if all goes well, the back will be stripped out ready for the Roll Cage, and possibly endurance fueltank fitted if I can't get all my cert for the Roll cage by then. Gotta work out what the legalities are around the fuel cell in a wagon.

Roll Cage is getting made to fit round 1 rear passenger seat ( for the baby seat :) ).

Trying to get all my toys organised before I get distracted by our new family member. Including Tinting the Commodore and the Peugeot - for Baby's eye proection :)

dreamer
13-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Hmmm..... A true run would be both north and south Island :D

Looks pretty damn cool though

I'd be in for that for sure, higher ticket price, tougher conditions, Ferry crossing and all, and prize money to make it more that a fun cruise. True lositgal and endurance testing, balancing out the playing field.

Good thing I work for Interislander :D :D

sodge
13-10-2009, 08:49 AM
Sounds like fun, too bad i'll be overseas.

bow dn
13-10-2009, 09:20 AM
its $65 to register & you do it at the website on da lefthand side

maori_by_nature
14-10-2009, 04:18 AM
I figure (err, hoping) that atleast one person from CVR4 should be accepted to race, and the rest of us that want to 'experience' the exictment and talant can tag along with good co-ordination skills :)

Always keen for passengers, although I won't commit any seats at the moment as I don't know which of the boys are around then (they have to take turns for road trips). Plus if all goes well, the back will be stripped out ready for the Roll Cage, and possibly endurance fueltank fitted if I can't get all my cert for the Roll cage by then. Gotta work out what the legalities are around the fuel cell in a wagon.

Roll Cage is getting made to fit round 1 rear passenger seat ( for the baby seat :) ).

Trying to get all my toys organised before I get distracted by our new family member. Including Tinting the Commodore and the Peugeot - for Baby's eye proection :)

blah blah blah i'm cum'n wif u lol i think kenneth should enter this he'd b good!!!

wintertidenz
14-10-2009, 04:54 AM
*Waits for Brad's input regarding his purple Subaru eater* :P

dreamer
14-10-2009, 08:04 AM
blah blah blah i'm cum'n wif u lol i think kenneth should enter this he'd b good!!!

Got my ticket today, Suzy got sh1tty about me doing car stuff again, $65 could of gone to the baby , blah blah... so if noone else runs with me, I told Suzy you're paying half the ticket!

:P

maori_by_nature
14-10-2009, 08:06 AM
Got my ticket today, Suzy got sh1tty about me doing car stuff again, $65 could of gone to the baby , blah blah... so if noone else runs with me, I told Suzy you're paying half the ticket!

:P

All good bro i'l go c winz 2 morrow and get sum cash hahaha

dreamer
25-10-2009, 03:05 AM
All good bro i'l go c winz 2 morrow and get sum cash hahaha

I know it's still a couple of months away, but I'm getting excited!

Car's heading down to the signwriters mid november, Getting the Race Track look.

You better come with me, Your Co-pilot name is going on the Window with the NZ Flag :D

Driver: Brutes (me, figured it's better than Dreamer :P)
Co-Pilot: Clark'son (Heck, I can't put "Maori by Nature" on it - people will think it's me.... I'm pretty Hori you know :P
What name do you want?

When my best mate Josh asked me what time I was picking him up on Race day, I cringed, and said Dave was going with me - he sulked for 3 days!

Plus you're funny with a video camera (still need to organise Video camera and a Mounting Bracket.

We'll need the obvious of course, Water Guns and Red Bull :)

Still laffing at the videos you used to take in the days we cruised together - you're a funny guy!

maori_by_nature
26-10-2009, 02:25 AM
oh have u still got those videos dam u!!! i thought i'd seen the back of them lol u could always put the token maori on the window lol

maori_by_nature
26-10-2009, 03:20 AM
has any1 else got there ticket??? would b good to get a few of us on the run

will.i.am
26-10-2009, 05:23 AM
"We don't encourage speeding". <-- haha yeah that just had to say that huh... no doubt thats just a mere saying to protect themselves if they had a lawsuit against them in court complaining 'cannon ballrun causes speed accidents on road' .. they'll just turn around and said 'I told you so' lmao..

dreamer
23-12-2009, 07:56 AM
Who else is going?

haven't been able to fix my fuelcut issue so I'll be using my daily driver - more of a family wagon than anything else. - 2004 Holden VY Commodore Wagon 3.8 V6 Automatic.

Dave, you still keen on coming with me?

bow dn
28-12-2009, 02:47 AM
Not me now, go sum more important family stuff

SquattingDog
31-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Not me now, will be away with the olds on their boat :( On the plus side, RVR is back on the road, just gotta get to tuning her :D

dreamer
31-12-2009, 11:26 PM
I'm out - can't go anymore.

Overheated the Holden coming back from up North, and spent by free cash getting it towed home and partially fixed.

Argh!

:( :sick: :bigcry: :bigcry: /hammer

Was gonna ask Dave (Maori by Nature) if we could use his wagon - but he managed to kill the Diff in his wagon over Christmas. :smash:
Not enough time or money to get either wagon fixed by next weekend.

I now have 3 broken cars, and nothing to drive!

I'm having a drink /drinkswine

Fully
01-01-2010, 07:42 AM
a tank full of unleaded

That counts out heaps of sports cars!

Happy New Year MOFO

Gator
22-01-2010, 03:49 AM
hey guys new to the forum.

pitty about the late min break downs get on our site and check out the photo's the event went better than we'd expected and just had a report from NZ Police that they were happy with how the day turned out.

WWW.Aucklandmotorsport.co.nz

Fully
26-01-2010, 11:33 AM
hey guys new to the forum.

pitty about the late min break downs get on our site and check out the photo's the event went better than we'd expected and just had a report from NZ Police that they were happy with how the day turned out.

WWW.Aucklandmotorsport.co.nz

Looks like it was a fun event =)

love the doco....We need something like that in the SI =)

Goku
27-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Yes we do, that would be awesome :D

Mayhaps we should look in to it ?