PDA

View Full Version : How to Install a Haltech interceptor. Beginings of a guide.

matchtheclown
12-10-2009, 12:41 AM
Hi,

I am planning on install mine myself and decided it would be worth while making a guide for it.

I'll end up with a which wire to splice in were when you load a standard map I will host somewhere.

Should make it pretty straight forward. Install load standard map then off to the dyno.

Anyhow progress is slow and I need some help.

Some useful documents:
http://www.haltech.com/downloads/interceptor/interceptor_manual.pdf

http://www.haltech.com/downloads/interceptor/interceptor_wiring_diagram.pdf

http://www.haltech.com/downloads/interceptor/interceptor_v1.08.zip < Interceptor tuning software.

Kitty's ECU pin out is also valuable.

Now I need to figure out what wires I need to splice in.

Can anyone confirm what the below refer to on the ECU pin out? Also are they analogue or digital signals? The references below are to Kitty's ECU pin out descriptions.

When I am home I'll load up someones maps in the tuning software. It should show me what analogue / digital signals they are controlling.

consists of wiring to the following factory ECU loom wires:
· Splice to +12V Power
· Splice to Signal Ground (low current, low noise) Direct to battery -ve
· Splice to Power Ground (high current) ? Direct to chassis. Earth
· Cut engine load signal and connect to each side ?
· Cut engine position signal and connect to each side Cam or Crank Sensor signal?
Additionally, many vehicles have additional signals that must be connected:
· Cut MAP sensor signal and connect to each side (to defeat over boost fuel cut) Volume Air Flow sensor ?
· Cut boost control solenoid signal and connect to each side (to enable boost control) Wastegate solenoid valve? (This really doesn't worth with out stock boost solenoid does it? We need to replace with an after market one and wire it back to the interceptor?
· Cut road speed signal and connect to each side (to defeat speed limiter) Speed sensor?

wintertidenz
12-10-2009, 01:16 AM
The links to the PDF's are broken :(

matchtheclown
12-10-2009, 01:46 AM
Oops, fixed.

VR4 MAD
13-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Here's the answer to your splicing question................../rally

Hope the attachment thingy works because most of the time it doesn't properly for me ...............:anxious: :furious4:

Now while I'm here, a big a thank you must go to Paul Davis at Haltech tech support who found this file for me..............:iloveyou:

Regarding the "How to install guide", keep up with the good work with this as it would be very helpful/useful.

/toycar

Hi,

I am planning on install mine myself and decided it would be worth while making a guide for it.

I'll end up with a which wire to splice in were when you load a standard map I will host somewhere.

Should make it pretty straight forward. Install load standard map then off to the dyno.

Anyhow progress is slow and I need some help.................................Now I need to figure out what wires I need to splice in..................................

matchtheclown
28-10-2009, 02:54 AM
Ahh sweet thanks mate that's what I needed! Makes it very easy.

The guide should be done in the next couple of weeks.

eddyvr4
28-10-2009, 06:35 AM
strange - i wonder what the connection to analogue input 2 from the battery 12v pin 10 connector 4 is for? I do not have that connection on mine..

if you need a map let me know..

Good on you for wiring up yourself.. PS I mounted mine behind the glovebox.

I picked up 25kw ATW with interceptor after dyno tune - its a great mod if your running more boost and/or bigger exhaust.

VR4 MAD
28-10-2009, 11:59 AM
Glad to be of help............ look forward to seeing the guide and to hear how you got on.

Are you cutting directly into the factory wiring loom or using a patch cable/harness?

/toycar

Ahh sweet thanks mate that's what I needed! Makes it very easy.

The guide should be done in the next couple of weeks.