PDA

View Full Version : Seatbelts

mesobitchy
12-10-2009, 04:15 PM
yes this is a question but its not just narrowed down to the v6 or the vr4.
this is for across the bord.

seat belt plugs.

my drivers one will not hold the seatbelt clip in, it feels like something is stuck inside making it not go all the way in and engage.

any ideas on how to sort this problem out?
or is it a case of replace the unit all together?

many thanks

mazz

Turbo_Steve
12-10-2009, 04:19 PM
Do you mean the clasp?

In which case, it should be replaceable with any that accepts the same shape Clip/Lug. So if you post up a picture of the silver lug, and have whoever is providing your replacement check the shape, you should be fine.

I'd be wary of using seatbelts from a breaker: Technically seatbelts should be replaced after any kind of collision in which they have locked.

Certainly, they're not something I'd consider taking any gambles with.

Atik
12-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Check that you havent got something jamming the seatbelt retaining thing. There might be a coin or something in there.

The retaining bit with the push-to-release button is screwed into the side of the seat and is easily removed, but you need to take the seat out first. Its easy to get out though.

mesobitchy
12-10-2009, 04:23 PM
i got a set of the plugs/retaining bit but they in black.
i will get piccys now.
i dont htink anything is stuck in there, this has just happened, as in a few days ago and of course i forgot about it till last night when i took my car out! D'OH!

dinger1983
12-10-2009, 04:31 PM
just had this issue when i change my seat the seat belt clips are different on some belts like lap belts and middle shoulder belts check the length of the clip you can see the difference

mesobitchy
12-10-2009, 04:33 PM
it was totley fine, even after i changed over the cream belts to the black ones.
it fits in and locks in the passenger side one fine tho....

dinger1983
13-10-2009, 08:13 AM
that looks like 1 of the longer clips i would compare the length of the silver bit to otheres and if it will reach try a smaller clip in the receiver

Atik
13-10-2009, 09:58 AM
In this case, I'm not sure thats completely accurate Scott but its a fair point. Mazz says that she has been using the belt and it worked fine up until a few days ago?

mesobitchy
13-10-2009, 10:13 AM
problem solved, garry took the seat out an the thinggy bob off, gave it a good clean and now its working again.
feck knows what happend there!