PDA

View Full Version : Breaking galant on eBay

PaddyB
13-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Spotted this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120478672053&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:1123) on eBay. It's got the rear screen wiper many find desirable. I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader as to how to get it off the car.

CF bonnet too.

foxdie
13-10-2009, 08:42 AM
Phoned him, putting dibs on the rear wiper but he's finding out how it's attached for me now.

The other bits he wants as follows;

* Spoiler £40
* CF Bonnet £100 (and says it's in mint condition)

PaddyB
13-10-2009, 09:29 AM
That's a good price for a CF bonnet if it's mint - pity I don't want one.

Do all VR4 saloons come with the big wing on the back ??

I was trying to guess who's it might've been/what's gone wrong ?? Missing front bumper, intercooler, brakes (brembos?) & poss drivers window. Shame they sat it on its belly & dragged it on the floor tho'

White Lightning
13-10-2009, 11:32 AM
First dibs on the bonnet for me, until I've had a look at it anyway :D

Wokingham is just down the road for me, so if anyone wants me to look over anything let me know as I may pop down there at lunchtime /yes

White Lightning
13-10-2009, 11:38 AM
Do all VR4 saloons come with the big wing on the back ??

No. That may be a Super VR-4 spoiler, but I am not 100% sure. Hmm ...

Humpty's Revenge
13-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Hi,
Just thought I`d let you know but I`ve reserved the C/F bonnet this morning via Garry who works there plus I have also paid out on the ferry fair from the Isle of Wight.

Davezj
13-10-2009, 01:05 PM
guzumping a commitee member is that wise? or nice for that matter.

miller
13-10-2009, 01:21 PM
guzumping a commitee member is that wise? or nice for that matter.

irrelevant. comittee member shouldnt bring privileges like this should it? If so can i become a committee member and get first dibs on everything?

How do we know the phone call hadnt been made long before Wayne saw this thread?

Strike to dismiss your honour :smash:

Davezj
13-10-2009, 01:36 PM
the prosicution when like to add:-

i wouldn't say anyone has more right to grab first dibs on a part than anyone else. but it is still guzumping in my books, unless some other info comes to light that calls were made before the first dibs were made public.

and that is all i say on the matter Me Lud!

/haz :soapbox: :rulez: :rulez: :smash: :smash: :smash: /haz /haz

Nutter_John
13-10-2009, 01:37 PM
is it not on ebay , can i not just phone the guy up without letting you lot know

first to PAY owns the product regardless of dibbs etc etc

miller
13-10-2009, 01:38 PM
sorry dave i just reread my post and didnt mean to sound as harsh as i did.

Anyways objection overruled. You may continue :-policema :lost: /grouphug

Davezj
13-10-2009, 01:46 PM
The jury is out on the subject and will return with verdict.

will it be :rifle:

or will it be /megawoot

/haz/haz/haz/haz/haz/haz

i can't resist the comment, so much for the last thing i would say.

Humpty's Revenge
13-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Hi learn-ed colleagues,

I did phone the breakers at 8.25am this morning requesting if the C/F bonnet was still for sale and was told yes. I then had to book a car ferry from the IOW to make sure that I could get over. So I did phone back the S/Y to tell them that I had booked a car ferry for 10.30am for the 14th October and requested that the bonnet would be reserved until tomorrow lunch time, they were told I do have a journey ahead of me which they understood.
Now I did`nt put this on the club website because of maybe loosing the bonnet. The point is I have to book a ferry which is £30+ before I go anywhere, which means if the bonnet has sold I`m out of pocket by £30+.
Its not Wayne`s fault if he does buy it, it`s down to the breakers for selling to him. Living on an Island has many pitfalls and this is probably one of them.

I hope you fellow members do understand that it`s not easy trying to do thing`s to your car if you have to keep wasting the ferry fair before you go somewhere. It`s not like I can just jump in my car and away I go.
Anyway if its gone its gone!
I thank the court for hearing my plea!!

miller
13-10-2009, 01:55 PM
i now think this subject should be sent to Brussels and the European High comission.

White Lightning
13-10-2009, 02:12 PM
/lol at where this thread has been whilst I have been out ...

Anyway, I have been and looked at the car. They told me that the bonnet had already been reserved and it's sat by reception ready for collection /yes ... looks like you got a good buy there :2thumbsup

When I got there, there was a guy with a 2.0 GLSi who had had some bits off it already. He got the strut brace for £30 and the complete carbon effect centre console for £20!!! What a bargain.

There was nothing that I was particularly interested in. It had the facelift interior in red/black, which I probably would have had, had the drivers seat not been completely bu66ered.

The boot spoiler is still there but I don't think it's a genuine Super VR-4 one based on how many holes were drilled into the boot lid to fit it.

Things that I saw of particular interest:

- facelift hub carriers
- pair of facelift front fog lights (no cracks that I could see but both had white powery stuff inside like there had been condensation)
- facelift grille (but has a crack about 1 inch long)
- facelift rear light clusters

It also has what looks like a 3 inch system fitted but as it's now sitting on it I won't touch it personally.

It was obviously an ex members car as it had a CVR4 sticker in the back window.

Humpty's Revenge
13-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Anyway, I have been and looked at the car. They told me that the bonnet had already been reserved and it's sat by reception ready for collection /yes ... looks like you got a good buy there :2thumbsup

Thanks for posting good news for moir!! As everyone can appreciate living on the Island has major down falls but is not an excuse!
I would like to say thank you for every bodies comments and it`s really nice to be part of a great club. :rolleyes4

swinks
13-10-2009, 08:15 PM
Wayne, I've rang them today's morning and they said hub carries had gone.
Did you...? :evilgrin:

White Lightning
13-10-2009, 08:22 PM
Wayne, I've rang them today's morning and they said hub carries had gone.
Did you...? :evilgrin:

Nope, not guilty :D

Simon
14-10-2009, 04:10 PM
here is a link to a Super VR4 rear spoiler..

http://images.pistonheads.com/aimg/1196/1196500-2.jpg

/rally

miller
15-10-2009, 03:02 PM
When I got there, there was a guy with a 2.0 GLSi who had had some bits off it already. He got the strut brace for £30 and the complete carbon effect centre console for £20!!! What a bargain.

:whistle:

http://www.japmids.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=108023#108023

:computer:

mesobitchy
15-10-2009, 03:35 PM
ah bugger, and im just down the road from this! an hour tops! damn it i wanted that bonnet! /lol

Humpty's Revenge
17-10-2009, 03:17 PM
No. That may be a Super VR-4 spoiler, but I am not 100% sure. Hmm ...

Wayne, that spoiler is a genuine Mitsubishi Evo 7 one. Took of the end caps and its all stamped inside. Huge bargain at £40!!

White Lightning
17-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Wayne, that spoiler is a genuine Mitsubishi Evo 7 one. Took of the end caps and its all stamped inside. Huge bargain at £40!!

Blimey, that's a right result Steve :thumbsup:

RED
21-10-2009, 01:35 PM
It had the facelift interior in red/black, which I probably would have had, had the drivers seat not been completely bu66ered.

Wayne how buggered was it? I've got a comfort pack recaro going. I was going to swap the trim materials over and have the full electric jobby:)

White Lightning
21-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Wayne how buggered was it? I've got a comfort pack recaro going. I was going to swap the trim materials over and have the full electric jobby:)

Oh, it was completely screwed Jane. The drivers side window was wide open so it had been getting wet. Plus, it was covered in some kind of oily mess. It was beyond salvageable in my opinion. The trim was definately bu66ered.

RED
24-10-2009, 12:05 PM
Oh, it was completely screwed Jane. The drivers side window was wide open so it had been getting wet. Plus, it was covered in some kind of oily mess. It was beyond salvageable in my opinion. The trim was definately bu66ered.

Shame that. I hate it when salavage yards treat cars with such contempt even if it is knackered!