PDA

View Full Version : Clear indicators???

firefly
03-07-2004, 03:31 PM
I have a 1997 GLS and have been wonderin for a long time if it's possible to make the orange front indicators clear like the later models.

I think it would make the car abit more up to date and wondered if all I would need to do is buy a replacement clear lens rather than a whole light pod.

Has anybody wondered the same???

I'm assuming that mitsubishi were clever enough to ensure that the clear indicators from later models will not fit a 1997 model. :dozey:

Does anyone know if mitsubishi or anyone else make a product that will fit?

I hope someone out there can give me the benefit of their knowledge on this.

Big Ian
03-07-2004, 06:37 PM
i take it your galant is an early 97 (7G model?)
as if it where a 97 on (8Gmodel) then you could go to your mitsy dealer an order them in.....
you could try www.ebay.com as they do more after market item's over in america..

Nick Mann
03-07-2004, 06:51 PM
I'm guessing that your car is an 8th gen.

Best bet is to meet up with others and have a look at the fixings. I would be surprised if the metalwork its all attached to is deifferent. It may be that the headlight is bigger/smaller by a few mm though, so the indicator doesn't fit without changing that too.

Maybe a JDM unit would fit? They are a single unit for headlight and indicator.

Big Ian
03-07-2004, 07:48 PM
if it is an 8G then the one's from a 2000-on will fit,straight on

firefly
04-07-2004, 05:46 PM
Well I'm pretty sure my car is an 8g as it looks like the 98 models.

I'm seeing my mitsi dealer a week friday for my lwer ball joint recall so I'll ask them how much the clear indicators are and check whether 2000 onward models are compatable.

If they are then the next breaking 2000+ galant on ebay with intact indicators is mine!!! :D

Just one question tho (don't know if i'm being blonde or not) - what is JDM and where do you find it/how much??? :huh:

As for checking out other Galants I have posted a request under events (JAE Carpark anyone??!! :-D ) but no-one has responded :Cry1: :Cry1: Feel rejected. :(

Anyway - THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!!!!

Kieran
04-07-2004, 06:12 PM
Well I'm pretty sure my car is an 8g as it looks like the 98 models.

I'm seeing my mitsi dealer a week friday for my lwer ball joint recall so I'll ask them how much the clear indicators are and check whether 2000 onward models are compatable.

If they are then the next breaking 2000+ galant on ebay with intact indicators is mine!!! :D

Just one question tho (don't know if i'm being blonde or not) - what is JDM and where do you find it/how much??? :huh:

As for checking out other Galants I have posted a request under events (JAE Carpark anyone??!! :-D ) but no-one has responded :Cry1: :Cry1: Feel rejected. :(

Anyway - THANKS FOR THE HELP GUYS!!!!

Yeah, your car's an 8G - saw a piccie on your website.

JDM Stands for Japanese Domestic Market - Basically, a JDM Galant is a car intended to be sold in Japan only - For example, a Galant VR-G or Galant VX is a JDM Galant - They weren't originally sold anywhere else. The all-conquering GLS on the other hand is a UKDM (UK Domestic Market) model.

Bal
09-07-2004, 02:03 PM
do the JDM models come with clear indicators ???

Apart from ebay anywhere else worth looking for these ??

What about rear clustor ... i seen the one that was previously posted (very nice but red indicators) what about that.

Cheers
B

firefly
09-07-2004, 04:24 PM
Well I'll chat to someone at Mitsi when I go next Fri re the clear front indicators.

As for rear indicators I have an estate and at the moment am considering replacing the orange bulb with a clear/silver one that flashes amber. The orange bulb is just visible enough for my liking behind the glass :)

Keiran - how did you see a picture of my car on my website - I haven't got any on there!!! :huh: :huh: :)

Bal
09-07-2004, 10:07 PM
kierans stalking you .... watch out.

lol.

mmm i smell a lovely home cooked curry. im off.

B

Kieran
09-07-2004, 10:41 PM
Keiran - how did you see a picture of my car on my website - I haven't got any on there!!!

EH?!?!?!?!? :headsc:

I'm sure It was your site.... Or was it issac's?? :uhoh2: :$

Just had another look and yep, there's no car pictures on there.... You haven't recently updated the site have you, or am I finally going bonkers?! :help: :end:

Oh bloody hell! How to look like a prat in one easy lesson! See previous posting on this thread! :$ Maybe I've just got a tela.....telethep....telly.....Erm, mind reading ability!!! :$

Sorry! Didn't mean to cause offence or confusion! :$

firefly
10-07-2004, 09:54 AM
No probs - thought it was v. amusing :lolz:

I will get some pic's sorted soon tho promise. :D
Just waitin for a sunny day! :rolleyes:

I-S
10-07-2004, 12:46 PM
Probably mine, as I have a '98 GLS estate in finesse green. Mine is the one with the chrome surround grille with no centre bar.