PDA

View Full Version : Manual Legnum ?

Wobble
15-10-2009, 05:28 PM
. there is a manual legnum on ebay for 3k it has not been registered . any one aware of the cost of getting this on the road in the uk . and what are your opinions of it. sorry there is no link to it because i dont know how to .cheers.

elnevio
15-10-2009, 05:50 PM
. there is a manual legnum on ebay for 3k it has not been registered . any one aware of the cost of getting this on the road in the uk . and what are your opinions of it. sorry there is no link to it because i dont know how to .cheers.
I assume that this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/98-Mitsubishi-Legnum-Galant-VR-4-Manual-Grade4-Turbo_W0QQitemZ150375325749QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAuto mobiles_UK?hash=item2303116035&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14) is it?

It looks in great condition. I would almost consider buying it without even looking at it! If I was looking for a Legnum, as long as it drove OK, I would probably buy it!!

It's one of the last pre-facelift models, and in fact it even has facelift VR-4 badges front and back (red on black, rather than red on chrome).

The engine bay is somewhat dusty, but that means it's probably not been tampered with, and any leaks would be evident (i.e. not cleaned off).

As for the registration - how do you know it's not been registered? I couldn't see he had specified that in his ad?

But, if it does need registering (i.e. needs the work doing to get it registered too), then you are looking at an MoT, DVLA registration fee, foglight, number plates and tax. That's it to make it legal as far as I can recall at the moment.

I would also ensure that sufficient funds are provided for undersealing, conversion to MPH, full service (engine oil, gearbox oil (GL-4 only!!), transfer case gear oil, rear diff oil, both lots of AYC fluids). Possibly cambelt, accessory belts, brake pads/discs too. And check the tyres, in case they are mud and snow tyres. They'd have to be replaced.

Overall though, WELL worth a looksee. /yes

elnevio
15-10-2009, 05:55 PM
Oh yes, and the clock is a piece of cake to fix! /yes :D

elnevio
15-10-2009, 06:03 PM
Just noticed that the cambelt appears to have been done fairly recently.

Although you will need a stereo! Fortunately, the radio cage brackets are still there.

Also spotted that the chassis number starts with EC5W-5102xxx, and I think one of the CAPS gurus can tell you even more about it from the system (clue: the rest of the chassis number is at the bottom of the auction sheet), but it is certainly a late PFL chassis number!

elnevio
15-10-2009, 06:08 PM
In fact, the chassis number appears to be just a couple of a dozen after the last Super VR-4 rolled off the line. This could almost be the LAST pre-facelift manual Legnum VR-4 off the production line!

If you want it - buy it quick! :deal2: :D

I think I need a lie down now... :rolleyes3

apeman69
15-10-2009, 06:15 PM
The seller stated in the ad that it'd cost about £250 to get registered, taxed etc.
Looks good and a good price. Seller has put loads of pics in advert so it would appear he has nothing to hide: lots of opportunites to spot faults in so many photos, I'm thinking. As ever though, try before you buy.

pezza
15-10-2009, 06:18 PM
It does look like a goodun. its been on sale for a few weeks now. It's in Herts somewhere (I thought it was autoBMC near watford at first) and was tempted to go have a look .. . . His feedback, if that can be trusted and anything to go by, seems pretty decent too.

Turbo_Steve
15-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Carbon fibre numberplate garnish!!!

Wobble
15-10-2009, 08:13 PM
so £250 is a good price for registering tax mot then. will look at it at the weekend.will let you know my findings . thanks guys for the response.

waxer
16-10-2009, 01:37 AM
Looks like a tidy VR4. Three things I would want to know- What happened to the stereo? Why does it have an aftermarket boost gauge? And (i could be mistaken) but aren't they the wrong wheels for a manual?

bradc
16-10-2009, 02:47 AM
Those are the standard wheels. Some manuals do have the BBS cross pattern wheels though.