PDA

View Full Version : How big is a pigeon ...?

Roadrunner
03-07-2004, 06:27 PM
... about 8" x 3½" if the hole in my grille is anything to go by :(

Brian

Kieran
03-07-2004, 06:28 PM
Ow! Bloody stoopid birds! Hope it's not damaged anything other than the grille.

Roadrunner
03-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Ow! Bloody stoopid birds! Hope it's not damaged anything other than the grille.
No, bent a few vanes on the transmission cooler, but no damage other than that. Could have been worse, I suppose, it could have gone through a headlight :rolleyes: Still, hard to be upset with the bird when it paid a higher price ... :sad3:

Spirit
03-07-2004, 09:22 PM
Sorry to hear that Brian mate - just damn unlucky (especially for the bird).

Got a pic you can post up ?

Nick VR4
03-07-2004, 09:42 PM
ouch I'm sure birds have a death wish at times :rolleyes:

Roadrunner
03-07-2004, 09:45 PM
Having trouble posting pics at present - afer "Uploading file/s - Please wait", I keep getting an error "Cannot find server" & "Page cannot be displayed" :headsc:

Physician
04-07-2004, 02:29 AM
Ironically I also 'creamed' one at 05.30 this morning. Was only going about 30 and 5/6 of them eating in middle or road. I never slow/stop as they always seem to get out of the way at the last moment ...... they all scattered with the exception of one which was looking the wrong way :sad3: .
I think it must have been hit by the very lowest part of the front spoiler ........ plenty of feathers in lower grill but not a dent anywhere. Loads of feathers and what I think was water sprayed up all over bonnet and windscreen as I hit it - no blood though - odd.
Anyway, sorry to hear of YOUR damage .........

Roadrunner
04-07-2004, 08:18 AM
Having trouble posting pics at present
Sorted ... and pic posted. My main ISP is down at present and I'd signed up with virgin.net yesterday. I suspect, because I get spammed by Virgin, that my firewall software was blocking some traffic to or from them which is why I got the error. Now signed up with wanadoo.co.uk and don't have a problem :)

Brian

Roadrunner
04-07-2004, 08:26 AM
I also 'creamed' one at 05.30 this morning
The one that I got (or, that got me ;) ) was around 05:10 in the morning in similar circumstances. I suspect they're still a bit dopey at that time in the morning too ... :rolleyes:

There is an order of stupidity in birds though (in terms of those that get out of your way down to those that don't appear to understand that they're in any danger :rolleyes: ). I reckon crows are the coolest - they'will happily hop a couple of steps to the side so you just miss them, then hop back as soon as you're past to get back to what they were doing before. Pigeons are generally OK, which is why I didn't slow down for the one that got me, but pheasants have to be the dumbest - I always slow down for them because they are totally clueless.

Brian