PDA

View Full Version : Warning Pos torque converter seal failure from camskill

richy rich
17-10-2009, 09:16 PM
Nick and I have changed a TC seal on a car and within 50miles it pos has failed, it was a camskill part supplied by the customer.

Nick and I have changed many tc seals and thus far have had no issues with the box leaking at all, let alone after such a short period, we both have always used a gen part but as I've said this 1 was supped by the customer.

So I'm suspecting the camskill part to be the issue so anybody thinking of getting the part from camskill beware.

Anybody had the same problem

bradc
17-10-2009, 09:30 PM
How exactly did it fail? Was it the wrong size or fell out of place?

richy rich
17-10-2009, 09:58 PM
We have not removed the box yet so can not answer that yet but will keep you updated.

peter thomson
17-10-2009, 10:06 PM
That's not good news. We have fitted 2 or 3 camskill supplied seals and I'm sure they came in OE packs

aboo
17-10-2009, 10:07 PM
I'm glad I got mine from mitsi then.

richy rich
17-10-2009, 10:19 PM
That's not good news. We have fitted 2 or 3 camskill supplied seals and I'm sure they came in OE packs
I can not remember if it was in a oe pack or not.

miller
17-10-2009, 11:02 PM
Surely Camskill would only supply OE of a part like this? I know the plug seals i got from Camskill were OE.

If not and they are inferior products then i forecast a whole world of pain for Camskill coming up!

Nutter_John
18-10-2009, 08:38 AM
I have done a few with OE and never had issues either , I do have a few camskill ones but they are badged as OE

richy rich
30-10-2009, 01:03 AM
Peter and Nutter when did you get your seals as there product dis says that they only use mitzi part numbers as a guide only.
http://www.camskill.co.uk/products.php?plid=m22b0s1401p14857

Louis
30-10-2009, 02:53 AM
I got a mitsy dealer one for about £12

peter thomson
30-10-2009, 07:02 AM
Around November or December last year. I would have the receipts somewhere to check

richy rich
30-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Around November or December last year. I would have the receipts somewhere to check
Hum I'm wondering if they have changed there supplier.

Nutter_John
30-10-2009, 10:06 AM
Yeah those are the ones I ordered from Camskill , I will double check tomorrow but I'm 99% sure they were all in OE packs

sanct
01-11-2009, 10:21 AM
Seems like Camskills are getting quite a few failures accross their stock range....

pitslayer
01-11-2009, 01:10 PM
Seems like Camskills are getting quite a few failures accross their stock range....
Even though that most are saying the camskill part is an oe part?

Turbo_Steve
01-11-2009, 03:56 PM
Goodness me! On what are you basing that!?

We're aware that their supply of lower arms is to be wary of - they have been notified, and I believe are investigating / dealing with it.

There is a question mark over the TC seal...but that's just it: Pete has asked the question so that a legitimate investigation can take place: No disrespect to peter, but it's possible there is some weird fitment method we haven't followed. It wouldn't be the first time there's been a "dealer secret special" from mitsubishi. Just ask an early evo owner about crank bearing shells!!

Finally, there have been a few FITMENT issues with stuff like HT leads (from magnecor) and CV boots. These do actually fit the car, but in both cases seem to be a bit of a stretch: the boots are (iirc) from the Evo and the HT leads from the FTO.

peter thomson
01-11-2009, 05:07 PM
It's Richy that's querying the seal Steve, not me

richy rich
01-11-2009, 06:32 PM
It's Richy that's querying the seal Steve, not me
Yep is me not Pete. We should be putting this to bed on the 9th.

Turbo_Steve
01-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Ah, my legendary reading and comprehension skills strike again. Sorry Richy and Peter.
Aside from some identity confusion, everything else I said still stands.

sanct
02-11-2009, 12:03 PM
Goodness me! On what are you basing that!?

We're aware that their supply of lower arms is to be wary of - they have been notified, and I believe are investigating / dealing with it.

There is a question mark over the TC seal...but that's just it: Pete has asked the question so that a legitimate investigation can take place: No disrespect to peter, but it's possible there is some weird fitment method we haven't followed. It wouldn't be the first time there's been a "dealer secret special" from mitsubishi. Just ask an early evo owner about crank bearing shells!!

Finally, there have been a few FITMENT issues with stuff like HT leads (from magnecor) and CV boots. These do actually fit the car, but in both cases seem to be a bit of a stretch: the boots are (iirc) from the Evo and the HT leads from the FTO.

I didn't say a vast amount and I didn't labour the point.
I was just pointing out that they have supplied parts that have failed, very quickly in some cases.
I guess they could just be incredibly unlucky.

No stress, deep breath.

Turbo_Steve
02-11-2009, 01:27 PM
Sanct, I wasn't trying to start an argument: and I'm definitely not stressed: My sincerest apologies if it came across that way! :D Here...have a pint on me mucka.
:beerbang:

My reasoning behind the post is that I know how very (very) easily started the nasty internet-rumour-scandals are, and how damaging it can be to someone's business. So I just wanted to 'nip it in the bud' as it were.

Nothing even remotely personal, and definitely not stressed.

Nick Mann
02-11-2009, 02:15 PM
I use Camskill as a supplier and have only good things to say about them. There have been issues about the lower straight arm and they have removed that item from sale. This is the first POTENTIAL seal failure we have heard of - lets see if it actually is the seal thats failed and what the outcome is before we start being too negative about camskill. On monday next week we should hopefully have more info on the seal and a better idea of what the problem is. There is a chance that this has nothing to do with Camskill or the seal yet.

Rich started the thread saying possible failure because until we have investigated the issue it is exactly that - a possible failure.

sanct
02-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Sanct, I wasn't trying to start an argument: and I'm definitely not stressed: My sincerest apologies if it came across that way! :D Here...have a pint on me mucka.

My reasoning behind the post is that I know how very (very) easily started the nasty internet-rumour-scandals are, and how damaging it can be to someone's business. So I just wanted to 'nip it in the bud' as it were.

Nothing even remotely personal, and definitely not stressed.

No worries. I agree with the 'internet rumours' comment and would like to say that I appoligise for wording my post as I did. The last thing I want to do is cause anyone's business to suffer, especially at the moment! I have used Camskills for multiple parts in the past and appart for two sets of swing arms have had no trouble with them.

However inorder to accept your appoligy and for you to accept mine we need to settle this like gentlemen.
Thumb wrestle at dawn!!!
;)

Sorry for any misunderstanding,
consider the bud nipped and have a beer back on me..

Turbo_Steve
02-11-2009, 03:52 PM
Thumb war? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ06RKGcPBI

sanct
03-11-2009, 11:15 AM
Thumb war? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ06RKGcPBI

Nice one.
Made me giggle

richy rich
09-11-2009, 11:12 PM
The car is now sorted.
1 There is a problem with the seal!
2 We are talking to camskill about the issue.
3 I can't say any more at this time until its all sorted out.

elnevio
09-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Wow (at no. 1 there)!

Thanks for keeping us posted on this, Rich. /yes

richy rich
08-12-2009, 10:43 PM
Ok to keep people updated on this the tc seal had let go so anybody replacing 1 from camskill ensure it is in a propper mitsi bag with the correct part number on it.

uploaded/1492/1260308437.jpg
uploaded/1492/1260308500.jpg
uploaded/1492/1260308594.jpg