Nick VR4
03-07-2004, 09:52 PM
I'm guessing Italy

SGHOM
03-07-2004, 09:53 PM
Machu pichu, Peru ?? :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5 :$

The Vee
03-07-2004, 10:10 PM
Not that place where they have rallies is it. Alps? seen pictures of mini's and old mg's climbing something looking very similar

Kieran
03-07-2004, 11:03 PM
Blimey! In standard trim, the GLS would take about 3 hours to negotiate all those corners!:$ (Unless I wanted to shred my tyres after a few minutes!:$) I can't wait to get some eibachs/billies and my new wheels on!! :$

strangebat
03-07-2004, 11:29 PM
I think me and Ian could come up with some good roads up here if you want to test a vr4. I still think that the best drivers in the world are scottish tourist coach drivers. I have met many a 50 seater coach on a single track road that bends and twists like nothing else and seen them reverse back down it to the nearest passing place. I was usually driving a 20 ton mobile hq with flashing lights on top though-if they meet an ordinary car they tend to attempt to drive right over it

Big Ian
04-07-2004, 12:21 AM
I think me and Ian could come up with some good roads up here if you want to test a vr4. or a GLS for that matter!! :laugh:

here's one that you can also take at speed (if you dare :evil2:)
get to the top of "the rest-an be thankfull",then take a right at the phone box,and have a bit of fun on the lochgoil road

another one,my fav :mad: is the drymen to rowardenin (spell check?) it take's you to the foot of ben lomond,11 mile's of sheer "roller coaster" road :thumb1: it's claimed a few handbrake cable's over the year's :laugh: :laugh:

and every road around the trossach's,with the best view's in the world.

Japmetal
04-07-2004, 11:25 PM
Living in Wales, I can safely say you dont need to go to Sctoland to 'test-drive' a VR-4, although it's probably on a par with Scotland depending on your taste in countryside I guess :-b

Nothing I can think of to top that picture, although coming down from the top of the 'Great Orme' in Llandudno would certainly be more than enough to test your brakes to the full ! :rolleyes5

Physician
04-07-2004, 11:48 PM
Switzerland ?

chris g
08-07-2004, 05:38 PM
I doubt any road could be found to match this one for enjoying the VR-4 with its hairpin bends and climb into the mountains

Surely nowhere in Scotland or Wales or anywhere else could match this road - the Stelvio Pass in Italy

I understand that is usually only fully clear in September

So that could be a time and place for a Euro jaunt by CVR4 - AND include a visit to Ring around the same time?!