PDA

View Full Version : New Owner... Maybe

Don Danbury
19-10-2009, 03:03 AM
Hi guys I'm new to the site.

I'm about to sell my car (Corsa GSi) as it's attracting too much attention from utter mongs (read "Chavs") and I'm thinking about buying a Galant.

I've wanted one since I was 11 (back in 1999!) and I'm hoping it's going to be a reality soon. I just love the Yakuza/Mafia styling :)

The only thing I'm worried about is customisation - the Corsa has literally 1000's of different things available, but with Galants being rather rare... are there many options?

Also, can anyone give me a brief idea what the common faults and tuning capabilities are?

Hope to be posting A LOT more :leer:
Cheers - Jack

Ryan
19-10-2009, 03:42 AM
Hi Dan, welcome to CVR4. All your answers can be found here:

uploaded/50107/1255920191.jpg

GroundControl
19-10-2009, 04:20 AM
Except when he's not a member, then it's in a menu on the top right or something :rolleyes3

Turbo_Steve
19-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Welcome.

It depends what you mean by "customisation", and how far you're intending to go and (perhaps more significantly) how deep your pockets are.

There isn't as much "bolt on" bodykit available for this car as there is for the corsa, but the usual lexus lights can be found, as can wings and wheels and there are splitters and side skirts out there. There IS less choice, and you may have to ship stuff in or wait for it to be made to order.

A few bits can be done to the interior, as the centre console is fairly moddable, but again, don't expect over-the-counter stuff at halfords. Some evo steering wheels fit, and the seats can be persuaded too! Stereos are dead easy on these cars.

Power-wise, the V6's aren't the most tuneable.
Most people go for a custom exhaust system and an air filter or air intake, new plugs and leads and choose their oil carefully and find that the v6 is then powerful enough.

If you're mad and fancy a loony car, you could later put a VR4 engine in there.

If it's a VR4 Galant you're after, the power options range from the sublime to the ridiculous, but again budget is king. Have a look around the forums for stuff on this: there is masses!

miller
19-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Welcome aboard! Good luck in your hunt

Mike

elnevio
19-10-2009, 09:58 AM
/welcome3

Don Danbury
19-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Welcome.

It depends what you mean by "customisation", and how far you're intending to go and (perhaps more significantly) how deep your pockets are.

There isn't as much "bolt on" bodykit available for this car as there is for the corsa, but the usual lexus lights can be found, as can wings and wheels and there are splitters and side skirts out there. There IS less choice, and you may have to ship stuff in or wait for it to be made to order.

A few bits can be done to the interior, as the centre console is fairly moddable, but again, don't expect over-the-counter stuff at halfords. Some evo steering wheels fit, and the seats can be persuaded too! Stereos are dead easy on these cars.

Power-wise, the V6's aren't the most tuneable.
Most people go for a custom exhaust system and an air filter or air intake, new plugs and leads and choose their oil carefully and find that the v6 is then powerful enough.

If you're mad and fancy a loony car, you could later put a VR4 engine in there.

If it's a VR4 Galant you're after, the power options range from the sublime to the ridiculous, but again budget is king. Have a look around the forums for stuff on this: there is masses!

Nice one - I hate bolt-on crap anyway. My current car (below) is nice and subtle, just how I like it! As long as there are parts somewhere in the world, I'm a happy bunny :)

Thanks for the welcomes!

Oh and the current beast:

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2586/corsagsil.jpg

elnevio
19-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Nice-looking Corsa! I am also liking the photo effects - I suspect you might be able to compose a decent picture for the 2011 CVR4 calendar next year, if you get a Galant soon! /Camera

Atik
19-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Hmmm, nice paint :D To be honest, the kit doesnt look too bad.

The Galant will be a teeny tiny bit bigger though. You 'might' not fit into parking spots that you normally would have with the Corsa :p

sonicsoundzdj
19-10-2009, 05:11 PM
hi there, nice looking corsa. Im into modding as are alot of people on here i believe so there is alot of info and help out on here if needed. I managed to find wheels, suspension, exhausts and that kind of thing fairly easy altho i haven't really done much to the engine