PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Galant Multi comms boot disk?

mitch980
27-10-2009, 08:58 AM
Hi all,

Hoping someone has found themselves in a similar situation and hopefully found a solution.

I've just got myself back into the Mitsi Galant world, had a 97 VR4 type S a few years back, but sold it for a Toyota Surf, which has lasted a year before I started missing the Mitsi. So the other week I traded the surf in and got back into an 05 Galant Viento. Couldn't warrant the turbo as have a new baby girl, and she's rather expensive!

However the car has a dual-din Mitsi communication system, model number NR-VZ800MCD. Unfortunately the car didn't have the boot disk required to start the system up :sigh: . I've tried Donnithorne Simms Mitsi dealer down here in Chch, and none of the boot disks they had worked, they said the system was too new for the disks they've got.

So I'm hoping someone else has encountered one of these multi communication systems in it, and has access to a boot disk. If you do, please let me know?!

Cheers,
Reece.

bradc
27-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Does it have the 2.0 4G94 engine? That question is irrelevant to the topic, I'm just curious :) They were sold in NZ new until about Jan 07 but with the 4G63 engine. I beleive in Japan they were sold through to September 06 but continued to use the 4G94 GDI.

I would suggest that if a standard facelift cd does not work for you then your best bet is to try Japan. Note though that it still won't have NZ maps for you. The facelift discs are ones stamped 08/98 onwards.

mitch980
28-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Thanks mate... to be honest I haven't even thought of checking the model of engine. Been more interested in getting some sounds in the car, driving in silence is getting boring.

Will check and let you know.

And will try for Japan, I've got a brother in law in lives in Tokyo, so hoping he may be able to help out with translation and aquiring the disk.

Cheers!

mitch980
03-11-2009, 05:10 AM
Just to let you know it's a 4G94 engine. Cheers.