PDA

View Full Version : New Dutch guy

Xenon
28-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Hi there,

As said: I'm another Dutch guy here. Beside my '97 Galant V6, I've finally got my own '98 Galant VR4 Type-S imported directly from Japan. It's a real beauty, but still without licenseplates :sick: ... I need to fix some items first, like the missing (but mandatory :rulez: ) rear foglight(s) and a problem with AYC (probably a speed sensor) that I want to be fixed. But I'm working on it :d.

elnevio
28-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi and /Welcome ! I guess you already know Mark Sanne and Dutch Driver! :)

Anyway, pictures are mandatory! :D

There is an article on fitting the foglights into the rear light cluster in the Resorce Library: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19621 which should be of help to you. :thumbsup:

Louis
28-10-2009, 01:56 PM
HI Welcome, any problems, your in the right place, good luck getting it all sorted. :)

MarkSanne
28-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Hi Vincent, welcome to CVR4! Good to see you've found your way to THE resource on Galant/Legnum VR4's!

miller
28-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Welcome aboard!

White Lightning
28-10-2009, 02:54 PM
You got my email then ... :)

/Welcome !

HJM
28-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Welcome to the club :)

Any where near Zandvoort ???

I always though the UK was expensive til I went to Holland this year - you have my sympathese when it comes to petrol prices !!!

H

Xenon
28-10-2009, 03:42 PM
Wow! This is a welcome! Thnx @ all.

Yes, I know Mark Sanne. We've met IRL a couple of times, but we reside about 200km away of each other. But thanks to Mark, because he's the one who has lead me to CVR4 :thumbsup: :D

About Dutch Driver: I'm sorry, his nick doesn't ring a bell (yet?).

@Elnevio: thnx for the tip. That's a nifty way to fix a rear fog light.

Well, since I'm rather new to the VR4-stuff, I'm pretty sure that I'm gonna need all expertise from you guys.

(Are pictures allowed in this Newbies-topic, or am I supposed to start a new specific topic to show these in?)

Welcome to the club :)

Any where near Zandvoort ???

I always though the UK was expensive til I went to Holland this year - you have my sympathese when it comes to petrol prices !!!

H

Nope, I live at the far east region of the Netherlands, Almelo, pretty close to the German border (AUTOBAHN! :D:D:D)
Petrol rates... please... don't remind me... :cry:

elnevio
28-10-2009, 03:51 PM
No probs! :)

You should be able to upload pictures here without issue? Usually easier than starting a new thread. Click on 'Go Advanced' and then click on the paperclip icon to go to the Attachments Manager.

Dutch Driver is also called Mark, although I don't know what his nick is on GalantFans.nl (I'm guessing you're on there already!). He has a 4G63T-powered Galant. Unless I'm confusing the Marks again... /dunce

White Lightning
28-10-2009, 03:52 PM
(Are pictures allowed in this Newbies-topic, or am I supposed to start a new specific topic to show these in?)

It's entirely up to you. :)

MarkSanne
28-10-2009, 04:26 PM
Dutch Driver > Mark aka MD :)

Xenon
28-10-2009, 05:13 PM
Dutch Driver > Mark aka MD :)

Ohw, MD? /lol
Well, he has build a hell of a machine with his TME-Galant. And he will go on boosting up his car's performance to an almost incredible 500+ hp... ***respect***

I will post some pictures later this evening... after I got home from... work :inquisiti

Spirit
28-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Welcome to CVR4 and congrats on your new purchase. Look forward to seeing some pics later

aboo
28-10-2009, 06:11 PM
Hi & welcome to CVR4. Look forward to the pics.

peter thomson
28-10-2009, 06:20 PM
welcome to CVR4

Xenon
28-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Here are some /Camera pictures, made next day after arrival.
The car is rather stock, exactly the way I prefer

Things already done:

* simple car wash
* Ralliart-badge and -sticker on the back removed
* JDM headlight units (RHD) replaced by EU-units (LHD), due to upcoming inspection
* JDM taillight units replaced by EU-units, because of built-in rear fog lights, due to upcoming inspection
* The car came with two sets of alloys: these stock ones and 17x7J Blitz Techno's.

aboo
28-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Very nice.

bradc
28-10-2009, 08:07 PM
It isn't 100% stock. The momo wheel is from an FTO, EVO or late model VR-4 that was shipped with Recaro seats. Are those the rear lights you've already fitted to it?

aboo
28-10-2009, 08:10 PM
Looks like a diffrent back box as well unless the pics just make it look round.

Xenon
28-10-2009, 08:21 PM
It isn't 100% stock. The momo wheel is from an FTO, EVO or late model VR-4 that was shipped with Recaro seats.

Okay, didn't know about the steering wheel, thought that it was an option /duh

Are those the rear lights you've already fitted to it?

Yup, they are. I only need to modify the total number of tail-/brakelight bulbs (2 instead of 4). The inner two will become foglamps.

Looks like a diffrent back box as well unless the pics just make it look round.

Well noticed! This one is from Ralliart. And it roares deeply (especially underneath the carport :P). I hope that the soundlevel will stay within limits during inspection...

White Lightning
29-10-2009, 01:02 PM
I spot clear side repeaters too :)

The steering wheel could come from other Galant models, Brad, not just the VR-4. e.g. the V6 Sport.