PDA

View Full Version : RWT-Passed!

Beastlee
28-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Well after gunking the holes in the exhaust and bodging the KADs the car passed the MOT with flying colours! My emissions were 0.02 and 0.03 (Yes there's an extra 0 in there) and he commented that other than a need to underseal it the car was in 'Excellent Condition'.

Now I just need to find out what KAD are playing at and find a new exhaust before next October LOL/bananaroc

elnevio
28-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Great news! :thumbsup:

Plus less pennies now - just more later! :deal2: :dizzy2:

White Lightning
28-10-2009, 04:20 PM
I was about to say, where are your new calipers ... they are taking a while.

Great news though Lee :thumbsup:

Oh, and the emissions (I assume you mean CO) on my white car were 0.00 when I got it MOT'd the other day :P

blackpool kev
29-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Congrats Lee How quick did they do the emissions, i was told that they have to do it first ar take it for a run before they do this test, hope mine passes. Hole in the exhaust, 3 tires needed.

Beastlee
30-10-2009, 08:19 AM
Wayne, I have the calipers and the driver's side one is fitted without any issues. On the passenger side I can't remove the radial mount bolts (holding the caliper on to the mount) so I asked them to sort a pair of mounting blocks. I wasn't surprised to finf that KAD gave me another sob story about a machine braking and them being in the middle of a caliper manu. run. Given I ordered the new calipers on the 22nd September and they turned up on the 16th October I estimate that it will be December before they finally do something to help me. TBH aalthough the brakes are good I wouldn't buy from KAD again, their customer service is terrible and they don't seem to care that I could have been potentially off the road right now until they get me the mountings made!

Kev, It's about 800m from mine to the test station...I drove it straight there and the car was sat with the engine off for 10 minutes before he started the test. It then ticked over for about 5 minutes before the emissions test. He held it at high reves for about 3 minutes and I got the above readings but I don't know if it was to warm it up or just a requirement of the test. I have a couple of patched holes in my exhaust so I need to get a cat-back system fitted and I need to get the other caliper fitted then the car will be fully ready for another year.