PDA

View Full Version : Setting off Car Alarms

AndyD
30-10-2009, 10:32 AM
Has anyone had any funny setting off alarm stories? Sure, alarms in parking buildings with exhausts is typical, but maybe even like.. 5 in a row?

I'll start.

I drove down to McDonalds Akoranga Dr the other day to pick up some stock for my work (we'd run out of chicken -_-) Anywho, was backing out of my spot, windows down (perfect day, rare occurance) and bass running kinda loud, cause I was in a good mood. Car next to me twirps, so naturally up goes the bass which is greeted with the full blown alarm goin off :D Big grin on my face as I pulled out onto the main road xD

Your turn ;P

-- Andy

wintertidenz
30-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Driving into dentist's basement carpark - exhaust vibrates the entire building and sets off about 3 alarms :D

Try Manukau Westfield carpark on a Thursday or Friday night ;)

Ryan
30-10-2009, 10:59 AM
Driving into dentist's basement carpark - exhaust vibrates the entire building and sets off about 3 alarms :D

Try Manukau Westfield carpark on a Thursday or Friday night ;)

Has anyone had any funny setting off alarm stories? Sure, alarms in parking buildings with exhausts is typical, but maybe even like.. 5 in a row?

:p

wintertidenz
30-10-2009, 11:00 AM
Aww, spoilsport :P

Ryan
30-10-2009, 11:02 AM
Read the fineprint ;)

wintertidenz
30-10-2009, 11:05 AM
It's 11pm... fineprint at this hour is blurry :P

I do find that I set off car alarms in the (OUTSIDE) carpark at work when I drive past... maybe its the slightly heavy foot that does it? :D

bradc
30-10-2009, 11:06 AM
I have set off about 10 going through Mission Bay once, the popping from my car at 2200rpm or so is really bloody loud!

Ghost_2008
30-10-2009, 12:56 PM
I have a straight through exhaust and set alarms off left right and centre...........

I regularly manage to set off several alarms at the local super market, but last week I went to Ikea, started loading the car and my alarm decides to rearm itself (it has a timer so if I do not lock the car it take care of itself)....... so my alarm goes off, this sets the alarm off in the car next to me. I turn my alarm off closely followed by the alarm next to me going off........... then my re-arms and goes off and history repeats itself......... only this time when i cancel my alarm the car next to me cancels at the same time..... my misses and the owner of the car look at me as if my fob is working both alarms......... very odd and funny at the time........

maori_by_nature
31-10-2009, 10:53 PM
^^ i think this guy likes star wars.... lol oh and i set off bout 4 or 5 at botany with exaust

OnBoost!
02-11-2009, 05:04 AM
I can hear alarms going off whenever i drive it,and it's not even that loud.