PDA

View Full Version : spare wheels

ANTHONY
04-11-2009, 10:56 PM
just got a brand new colt cz2 and found out today that they dont give you a spare not even a space saver, all you get is a repair kit of some kind and a 12v pump...................what other new cars dont you get a spare on?.

may have a trip to the local breakers to pick up a space saver

Nutter_John
04-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Quite a few cars do that these days , I know the Tourans only give you a can of gunk and a pump as well

ianturbo
04-11-2009, 11:09 PM
mini 1 , bmw compact don;t get spare wheels they get run flat tyres !
ian

ANTHONY
04-11-2009, 11:24 PM
looks like its becoming the norm just found this ..........
http://www.rac.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=102

I-S
05-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Believe it or not, but one of the first cars to go the route of this absurdity...

Honda Accord Tourer

In the mini or the colt you can see that there's a reason for it - no room. In the accord, there's even a spare wheel well, but no spare! I ended up buying a whole spare set of alloys with tyres so that I could recondition mine, and so I carry one as a spare.

ANTHONY
05-11-2009, 12:36 AM
In the mini or the colt you can see that there's a reason for it - no room. in the colt there is a well which is fill with a foam insert which holds the pump and repair goup , so i reckon you could fit in a space saver

Barney
05-11-2009, 08:09 AM
First came across this with the launch of the Smart. Wheels are differnt width so guess this was the reason ????? I was really flumoxed when wifey had a flat. After 30 mins or so found the pump and tin of gunge after 1 minute of looking in the manual!!!

How was I to suspect it would be under the floor carpet in the passenger footwell???:party3:

chris g
05-11-2009, 09:43 AM
Focus ST - no spare - pump and foam IIRC...

And before some of you lot make suggestions, you know who you are, it is not a euphemism for personal behaviour that you indulge in private...

ANTHONY
05-11-2009, 09:24 PM
so its not only my car then

wantavr4
06-11-2009, 02:22 AM
While we are on the subject of spare wheels. Realised last night that the space saver in my boot wont fit over the brembos even the back ones. Am i correct??

my boss bought a vw toerag, got one of those pump up yourself space savers..... was driving it one day and got a puncture and guess what, No Bloody Pump!!

Ryan
06-11-2009, 02:29 AM
While we are on the subject of spare wheels. Realised last night that the space saver in my boot wont fit over the brembos even the back ones. Am i correct??

my boss bought a vw toerag, got one of those pump up yourself space savers..... was driving it one day and got a puncture and guess what, No Bloody Pump!!

I think it should fit over the rear ones.