PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1997 Mitsubishi Galant 2.5L V6 Auto (Silver) Spares or Repair, North Lincs

thehand
06-11-2009, 02:04 AM
YEAR: 1997
COLOUR: Silver
ENGINE: 2.5L V6
TRANSMISSION: Automatic
MILEAGE: 160k
R.F.L EXPIRY DATE: End Nov
M.O.T. EXPIRY DATE: Nov
PRICE: £200 o.v.n.o
CONTACT DETAILS: PM

DESCRIPTION:
After a recent and sudden AutoBox failure (..as discussed elsewhere on the forum) I've decided to offer this for spares-n-repairs as I have bought a Manual version of the same car. The full leather interior is in excellent condition with only slight surface cracking on the drivers seat but no rips or tears. The body work is in decent condition with the exception of the bonnets lacquer which has bubbled and lifted in a number of areas. Usual early signs of rust forming around the wheel arches and the N/S headlight has a crack in the glass. I'd like the car to go as whole if possible as the engine was sweet before the AutoBox failure but if I can't get the £200 I will strip what I can use on my other Galant V6 and then let it go to a scrap merchant...which would be a shame!

The car will have to be towed/flatbed and ideally moved before the TAX runs out at the end of November. PM me with any enquiries, but please don't ask for parts as I don't want to break it at this stage. If there is no interest over the next 14-days, I may let some bits go prior to scrapping!

Cheers
Neil

max8su
13-11-2009, 02:56 PM
what sort of wheels does it have? ive got a 2.5v6 engine and auto box just sat about so a may be interested. any pictures?

bradc
13-11-2009, 09:07 PM
Please don't let the 2.5 V6 go to a scrappy, it is such a beautiful smooth engine! Try and sell it to an i4 owner as an upgrade :D

MarkSanne
14-11-2009, 09:08 AM
Wouldn't happen to be a black leather interior right?
And the rear light cluster is pre-facelift too I gueass (looking for a facelift set)?

thehand
14-11-2009, 01:04 PM
what sort of wheels does it have? ive got a 2.5v6 engine and auto box just sat about so a may be interested. any pictures?
It has the standard Mitsubishi Alloys which I notice are slightly different to the one's on my Manual. The Auto's have a slightly convex profile and look better as a result. To be absolutely honest 3 of the four tyres are excellent, 1x is legal but may need replacing within the next 12-months. All alloys have some signs of curbing, to a greater and lesser extent. I will try and pop a few photos up.

The leather is the standard beige leather but as I say it is in good condition.

The 2.5L V6 engine was super smooth before the Box went and yes I am reluctant to see it go to the scrappy...which coincidentally I am ringing today as I can't have it stuck outside the house come December! One thing I noticed since getting the Manual V6 is how clean the Auto V6 engine bay was compared to the Manual. There are no signs of oil anywhere! :thumbsup:

Cheers
Neil

zentac
14-11-2009, 08:40 PM
whats wrong with the auto box?

aboo
14-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Any pics & where in UK are you?

peter thomson
14-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Any pics & where in UK are you?

aboo