PDA

View Full Version : Orders for VR4 type spoilers

ritch_w
06-07-2004, 09:27 AM
Ok - ready to take orders for VR4 type spoilers
Pics & fitting instructions - see here; http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4105

Spoilers are ABS engineering Plastic using OEM materials (4mm thickness) built to OE spec.
They are made by Top Wing who are an ISO 9002 quality assured company.
They come in grey primer and are rady to paint.

I can get them from a supplier in the states who will ship them to me for £150 each (compare that to Mitsu dealer!!!) if i buy 5.

If enough people are interested, I will pay for them up front and then take payments once they arrive here. i expect P&P in UK should be £20 max
or you can collect if local.

Add you name to this thread if you DEFINATELY want one - thanks

Some Pics;

Bal
06-07-2004, 12:27 PM
hey up rich.

how much was the paint job ?? having had my rear boot lid mashed by a pikey i cant really afford one of these right now but i am defo interested.

i can pay at the end of the month but not yet. would these still be available in a couple of months or are we talking £150 only if you get it now !?!?

Will this fit my T plate GLS ??

bloody pikeys ... i figured if i can get one of these then i can get boot repaired and get this fitted all at the same time as it will be much cheaper then getting it all done bit by bit.

Thanks
B

ritch_w
06-07-2004, 01:12 PM
"how much was the paint job ??"
Paint was £80

"would these still be available in a couple of months "
The £150 was if i bought 5 - (the international shipping was cheaper) i would have to ask again in a couple of months, if you couldn't get one now.

"Will this fit my T plate GLS ??"
yes it will fit your GLS - exact same boot

i would imagine it would be cheaper doing it in the one go! ;)

hope this helps

Bal
06-07-2004, 01:20 PM
cheers matey. will check finances and let you know.

B

Big Ian
06-07-2004, 03:09 PM
hi Ritch,i'll give it some thought.as i'm still not sure which i like best?
i like the hight of the VR4 one but....i like the extra length of the spoiler i have and the way it near blend's to the shape of the rear panel's..

lorriman
06-07-2004, 05:28 PM
Is that a LED brake light in there too?

If so, that represents stonking value as the Mitsi one in the UK doesn't and the Jap VR4 with light is over £900!!

ritch_w
06-07-2004, 06:12 PM
yes its a lovely led light in a rather fetching shade of red, now the back end of my galant lights up like a xmas tree with 4 brake lights :rolleyes5

mega value ;) buy one for all the family!

RED
07-07-2004, 11:37 AM
hi Ritch,i'll give it some thought.as i'm still not sure which i like best?
i like the hight of the VR4 one but....i like the extra length of the spoiler i have and the way it near blend's to the shape of the rear panel's..

Ian I reckon the VR4 one would look great on yours would make it look sportier rather than family saloon (and I'm not being orrible and saying that yours looks like a family saloon :$ ) Could you have both? Wondering if the mounting holes are roughly in the same place cos then you could swap them around depending on your mood - god that sounds like a real girlie response it's like choosing bloody handbags to go with your outfit - ARGHHHHH quick where's the engine oil I need to sniff it quick before I change into a girlie :laugh:

Big Ian
07-07-2004, 11:44 AM
mmMMMM! thank's for the (girlie :laugh: ) input RED but i'm still not sure???
i like thing's about both the spoiler's :rolleyes:

RED
07-07-2004, 11:58 AM
mmMMMM! thank's for the (girlie :laugh: ) input RED but i'm still not sure???
i like thing's about both the spoiler's :rolleyes:

:devil5: Go on have both - you know you want to :-D

Big Ian
07-07-2004, 05:54 PM
2 spoiler's on one boot!!..sound's like a nissan picture posted on this site :$
as for the hole's matching up..mine has no hole's,well none that i can see,may be bonded on or small one way fastner's.
i'm thinking if i get the VR type spoiler i could building the end's out with fibre glass and then blend an smooth them so as they hang over on top of the rear panel's?

Bal
07-07-2004, 10:19 PM
so what are we saying on these then. £170 to my door plus paint right.

hmmm i have the choice i can either get one of these or pay off my credit card and pretty much have my car paid off by the end of august.

yaaaa

dude if i were to get one when would you want the money.

i get paid on the 25th of each month so would you do an order this month or next month ... could i blag not paying till 25th of next month or is that being overly cheeky, i reckon it is lol.

yaaaa

decision decision. plus i have to pay for that fcuking damage on my car ... bloody pikeys ...

B

RED
08-07-2004, 11:20 AM
as for the hole's matching up..mine has no hole's,well none that i can see,may be bonded on or small one way fastner's.
i'm thinking if i get the VR type spoiler i could building the end's out with fibre glass and then blend an smooth them so as they hang over on top of the rear panel's?

Not at the same time :rolleyes5 You can't see the holes not on mine anyway until you remove the spoiler. I've got 3 holes( :p )in my tailgate which the spoiler locates into and then it has an added bit of blue peter double sided sticky tape as well for good measure :-D

Leave your ends alone! the point is to have a different looking spoiler than the one you've got. Honestly and I'm not on commision here but I think it will look really nice :-D trust me I'm a woman :bow:

lorriman
08-07-2004, 04:05 PM

The VR4 one I have is definitely bolted onto the car, then bonded in place, but the UK sourced one was slightly different, so when they whipped the UK one off and replaced it with the Jap one the holes didn't match up.

No one should hesitate at this price. It's a bargain and in my humble opinion is miles better than the low profile 'Sport' model.

Bal
09-07-2004, 01:50 PM
after much deliberation and the fact that noone else is signing up for this i will provide my support.

hook me up baby !!

1 x vr4 spoiler to Mr. Bird .... thanking you please. Let me know when you want the cash.

:)

B

nomore
09-07-2004, 03:38 PM
I'll definately have one. I've been after a spoiler since I got my car in April.

ritch_w
11-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Thats 4 that want the spoiler now so i'll contact the supplier and order them this week.

Anyone wanting the 5th - let me know. I'll send PMs to those who are wanting them.

cheers

Ritch

nick-f1
11-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Hi Ritch, spoke to Scott who works for me last week and he still wants one, I'll remind him tomorrow and show him the pix you posted
cheers

Nick

lcaddy
18-07-2004, 08:56 PM
Hi, what's the deal here - are you still in a position to get an spoiler? I've got a '01 V6 and want a spoiler. Please let me know, I'm looking to buy ASAP - thanks.

ritch_w
20-07-2004, 03:36 PM
For those that ordered spoiler - you have a PM.

Unfortunately there has been no response from the supplier.

I have sent yet another e-mail today asking if they will or will not supply the requested spoilers

not happy :sad3: :sad3:

ritch_w
21-07-2004, 09:46 AM
Those that have ordered - see PM for more details.

Basically sent e-mail to supplier last night asking if they want our business or not - received reply this morning apologising etc etc

they are setting up the order / payment transaction so i expect they will get back to me shortly then i will make the payment.
:D :D

watch this space!!! :D

ritch_w
21-07-2004, 06:01 PM
Those that have ordered - see PM for more details.

Basically sent e-mail to supplier last night asking if they want our business or not - received reply this morning apologising etc etc

they are setting up the order / payment transaction so i expect they will get back to me shortly then i will make the payment.
:D :D

watch this space!!! :D

now ordered and payed for - should be here in approx 2weeks or so.

mortalis
07-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Just taking the oppourtunity to say a big THANKS to ritch_w, for the spoiler!.
Not only did he take the time to source, order and arrange prompt delivery, he even supplied a step by step fitting guide!. Nice one Ritch. :-D