PDA

View Full Version : FNG from Phoenix, Arizona

DR1665
08-11-2009, 08:10 AM
Hi there.

I've spent some time searching this evening (it's nearly midnight here in Phoenix) for some info, but I just couldn't quite find what I needed. I thought it might be a good idea to introduce myself and see if some beginner's luck might point me in the right direction.

I have a pair of 6th gen Galant VR4s - a black 91 and a grey 92 (I'll spare you the badge numbers). My 91 is currently being stripped down to a shell for a roll cage this spring as it's going to be my rally car. Rally is what got me interested in GVR4s back in 2005, although I've been a Mitsubishi enthusiast since late 1996.

My 92 is my daily driver and I've been slowly touching up this and that. I got it with a bad paint job, but a very nice JDM front bumper. I've since stumbled upon a set of the JDM headlights which, although they are "weighted" to the left, look great and suit my needs fine.

I realize that this site might be predominately for the later generations (I've seen enough Legnums this evening to need an anti-depressant that they were never offered over here), but I wonder if anyone might be able to point me in the right direction for finding some details on aiming 6th gen JDM headlights. As I said, I'm happy with them, but if I can fine tune the light pattern, that would be fabulous.

Oh yeah, and if anyone reading this outside North America might have one of those odd-ball high beam adapters lying around, I could really use one of those too! (The plastic stand-off that slips over the high beam's single blade and provides two blades for the harness.)

I am a member of the community over at GalantVR4.org in the States and I know we've refered a number of international newbies with later model VR4s this direction, so I thought it might be a good place to search for some information on my non-USDM lighting kit.

Some decent pictures of my Galants can be found on their own website Tarmac & Gravel. (http://www.tarmac-and-gravel.com/2009/06/464-gets-washed/) Beyond that, I am the managing editor of Mitsubishi Gearbox Magazine (http://mitsubishi.gearboxmagazine.com), where we aim to share the stories of Mitusbishi enthusiasts from all over the world. Whether someone's drag racing an Evo here in the States, road racing a Legnum in the UK, crossing the Sahara in an L200, or crossing Siberian rivers in a Delica, we want to hear about it.

Hope to get to know some of you folks across the pond and work together towards a more unified, GLOBAL Mitsubishi brotherhood. (Oh yeah. And maybe improve my forward lighting arrangements.)

Cheers!
Brian

aboo
08-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Hi & welcome to CVR4.

I'm sure there will be someone on here that can help.

DR1665
08-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Thanks, abooo. Appreciate the welcome.

Now, I think it's time I rack out for the night. 0121hrs here right now and I'm beat!

Nick VR4
08-11-2009, 10:43 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum

CrossRoss
08-11-2009, 12:33 PM
/welcome3

elnevio
08-11-2009, 02:13 PM
/Welcome

Great intro there, Brian! :thumbsup:

Hopefully the one who doesn't post might have an idea or two for you (don't worry, it'll all become clear!).

As for the Legnum, Eric on here is hoping to import his to the States eventually. Really will be one of a kind! /yes

DR1665
09-11-2009, 03:56 AM
"The one who does not post." Love it!

Really appreciate the warm welcome, gents. I realize I came here asking for information on headlights, but it strikes me that I'm really more interested in getting to know you guys.

I'll be lurking around, seeing who's up to what.

...And one of these days, I plan on taking my wife to Europe. It would be incredibly cool to meet up with some VR4 owners in another country, imo.

Here's to dreams and going fast with class. If I can be of any help to anyone here, please let me know!