PDA

View Full Version : Service near Bristol

monkeyboy
09-11-2009, 06:24 PM
Hi all,

I've had the Legnum for a couple of years.. first year was marred by a gearbox nightmare, more time off road than on . Then the car got stolen.... Finally got it back after another 4 months off the road (aargh) !!!

Anyway, now all is well but it's time for a major service, it's a '97 PFL with 53,000 miles.

Mitsubishi Bristol tell me that the interval for a cambelt is 45k, but the manual says 60k. Which is right or is it overdue now the car is 12 years old whatever the mileage?!

Any recommended workshops near Bristol? After the nightmare with the 'box I want to take the car somewhere I can trust!

Thanks

elnevio
09-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Mitsi will also tell you it's 54k!

Most members here will tell you it needs doing, regardless. With the 6A13TT being an interference engine, a snapped cambelt will break things /yes

Eurospec in Guildford are a little trip along the M4, and are highly recommended. Nick Mann is located up the M5 (and along the M42!), and also well worth it.

monkeyboy
10-11-2009, 11:16 AM
Thanks Nev.

Yep, Eurospec & Nick Mann would be first choice just gotta work out the problem of getting the car there & doing without it for a day (or two?)

Oh, that and the small matter of saving up the grand (ouch!) or so a full service & cambelt change costs......