PDA

View Full Version : evo bonnet vents & VR4 headlamps

Scanny
10-11-2009, 07:08 PM
1. does the EVO 6 vent actually make any difference to performance or is it for show?
2. i hate indicators that look orange (http://www.j-rally.net/~marjo/comfort/leg1/lib/aero/aero4.html) so i am planning on swapping my headlamps and indicators across to the VR4 when i get one. same with my tail lights so enable the rear fogs to be where they should be. as far as i can work out the VR4 has a single headlamp/indicator unit whereas my car has separates so would this be a problem or should my lamps fit straight in?

Xanadu Detailing
10-11-2009, 07:26 PM
The evo vent allows hot air to escape, however imho it is mainly for show. I can supply unvented carbon bonnets if required.

The headlights and tail lights are pretty much a straight swap.

Hth

Don

VR4WGN
10-11-2009, 07:30 PM
i disagree on the looks part as they then would have designed the bonnet so no water gts into the engine bay as where with the bonnets(like my mold i have)they have no protection so theyr not designed to sit in the rain relly.. but i have a gay backing that bolt sunder it and blocks the vent tho.. its so oldskool now why would you want evo 6 anyhow? try the new Evo X style.. i am going to make my own one in 2010

Louis
10-11-2009, 07:44 PM
i disagree on the looks part as they then would have designed the bonnet so no water gts into the engine bay as where with the bonnets(like my mold i have)they have no protection so theyr not designed to sit in the rain relly.. but i have a gay backing that bolt sunder it and blocks the vent tho.. its so oldskool now why would you want evo 6 anyhow? try the new Evo X style.. i am going to make my own one in 2010

Will it have a gay backing??

Scanny
10-11-2009, 08:07 PM
the only reason i would opt for the EVO6 vent is because i had my car next to an EVO 6 and looked at the swappable parts ie mirrors, door handles etc etc etc so that vent would be the obvious choice to retain the style it comes in. if there are no performance improvements then i will go for non vented CF bonnet instead. i want to lose weight without making the car look too different. i prefer subtle mods to full blown bodykits etc and keep all the serious mods under the skin where they are less obvious hence the question about the indicators. i love my silvatech indicator bulbs so i would like to keep that subtle mod on the VR4

Turbo_Steve
11-11-2009, 12:30 AM
The vent can help with keeping the rad cooler on the Evo.

On the VR4, you really need to vent at the back if possible....that rear turbo could do with some airflow!

VR4WGN
11-11-2009, 03:56 AM
The vent can help with keeping the rad cooler on the Evo.

On the VR4, you really need to vent at the back if possible....that rear turbo could do with some airflow!

hence the Evo-X style vent in the middle up the back of the bonent,
no gay pod filter vent on the side tho.. as our factory systems are still the BEST around....
although im thinking of a top vent for the box that coushions upto the bonnet when down??

VR4WGN
11-11-2009, 03:57 AM
Will it have a gay backing??

no have you seen the ne vent? theyr similar to the Pod filter vent hole in the normal bonnets,just better design and sleeker,so wont need a backing

Subaru ETA
20-11-2009, 08:27 AM
what makes you say the backing and the pod fileter vent are homosexual?

Turbo_Steve
20-11-2009, 08:35 AM
as our factory systems are still the BEST around.... That's a matter for some very extensive debate, however I would say that, yes, they work very well. It looks more and more likely that an additional cold air inlet into the factory airbox does actually offer a performance increase, though. Shame we only have anecdotal evidence.

And the Evo X vent is a must have: If you can make it subtle, I think a lot of people will bite your hand off! I dislike the appearance of the huge Evo 6 style vent. A small scoop at the back, and some nice, subtle, vents at the front would be awesome.

Humpty's Revenge
17-05-2010, 04:39 PM
I`ve got an Evo x genuine bonnet scope if anyones interested?/Hijack

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48371