PDA

View Full Version : f**king scotish power

dinger1983
11-11-2009, 08:27 PM
came back from work today to a letter from a dept collector never said what it was about so phone it to find out what the hell was going on to be told that i ow scotish power £140 from the period 2007 to 2009 half of which iv had a card meter in the place

so i then phone scotish power to be told it be outstanding since nov 2008 a full year ago apparently it was the last payment that was due before the prepay went in that was requested but decline with 2 scotish power accounts thats 2 addresses 2 phone numbers and they couldnt contact me for a year they said the sent letter which i never received

Spirit
11-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Funnily enough I just started the process to move from Scottish Power to E.ON yesterday.

Good luck sorting it out, but would advise you check with them that they haven't registered a default against your credit history !

dinger1983
11-11-2009, 09:25 PM
well im on that credit experian and it aint ping up ant thing

aboo
11-11-2009, 09:31 PM
Thats a good point about the default against your credit history.

This happend to us a good few years back.

We'v allways had a card meter so have never had a bill. We changed suppliers & about a year later tried to buy a car but was turned down.

We then found out that the previous supplier had said we were still due them £40. We had no letter from them & it took about three months to get it sorted.

We changed to E.on Pete but we'r not that happy with them.

Spirit
11-11-2009, 09:34 PM
We changed to E.on Pete but we'r not that happy with them.

TBH mate, never had any issues with Scottish Power, in fact only ever had to ring them once in 2 years ! I am only changing to E.ON as they have a better dual fuel tariff for me, and it's all online so hopefully will never have to call them either /lol

aboo
11-11-2009, 09:51 PM
We thought they would be cheaper as well Pete but our bills have gone up with them & not just because its winter. We'v been with them since July & thinking of changing back to Scottish Southern.

Spirit
11-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Well the price per unit is cheaper than Scottish Power and it's fixed until Feb 2011, so can't see how it would be dearer (unless of course SP drop their unit price).

mesobitchy
11-11-2009, 09:56 PM
good luck mate, im in a battle with edf, conning CeeUNextTuesday's!

best of luck mate.