PDA

View Full Version : No Expense Spared

RED
07-07-2004, 05:38 PM
:smitten: As promised here are a few pics of the tender loving care promised and nee lavished on our car

RED
07-07-2004, 05:40 PM
More prep work

RED
07-07-2004, 05:41 PM
One in the oven :p

Nick Mann
07-07-2004, 08:07 PM
Cool! Good photos.

Were you rear-ended? (Stop the innuendo now!!) I wondered if that is why you re-sprayed, or at least why the back end is missing!

Have you got any finished pics?

Big Ian
07-07-2004, 09:26 PM
have you kept it the standard colour..or have you gone for a metal flake??

Brind
07-07-2004, 09:44 PM
That's a bit excessive to repair a few stone chips and shopping trip dents! :rolleyes5

Big Ian
07-07-2004, 09:48 PM
OR are you getting it painted a different colour :laugh: every time you change your hand bag :laugh: ??.........(from what you said today)

enigma
07-07-2004, 10:04 PM
Never mind the car, where are those pics you promised!!!!

;)

Big Ian
07-07-2004, 10:06 PM
Never mind the car, where are those pics you promised!!!!;)

I'll second you on that one dave :laugh:

RED
07-07-2004, 10:28 PM
:-D Thankyou thankyou (takes a bow)

To answer a few of your questions.

Nick - thankyou for that I was not rear ended :$ but Marcus was :bobby: :$ back in February. He came back to the workshop with half of my rear end missing! She is back on the road but I'm still waiting for a couple of bits from Mitsi and she needs a good mopping all over then I will take the final pics.

Ian - the colour is entirely standard or else it would have cost a small fortune in paint and even though I wasn't actually paying for it I was in a way through the company. I don't actually own a handbag they are for girlies I go bare :p

Brind - yes you are right it is a little excesive for the stonechips and shopping dents. The bloke who had it before us neglected her big time and there were small dents all over hence the extensive prep work (3 weeks) he had also taken her through those horrible car washes and the paint was as dull as ditch water. Only one way to get her back to former glory and that was a coat or two of paint and a good couple of coats of laquer for the added shine appeal

Dave - you dirty bugger :p

Ian - ditto :p

Got some more pics of Marcus fitting her up and maybe one of me! if I can take one without busting the lense :rolleyes5

Also got some pics of the new evo bonnet and spoiler in prep with some reface filler paint and the bonnet being blocked down to try and get rid of the rippley bits

Phew I have got it all down :typy:

enigma
07-07-2004, 10:58 PM
Dont suppose you have a spare rear bumper???? :$

If not PM me and let me know how much I might be looking for a new one...... :sad3:

RED
07-07-2004, 11:16 PM

If not PM me and let me know how much I might be looking for a new one...... :sad3:

You have PM :)

Rally205
07-07-2004, 11:53 PM
After the paintwork was finished and trimming it back up. Notice who is doing all the hard work! :-D and guess who is behind the camera :rolleyes:

Ahem - every good worker needs a firm hand from a good forewoman :p (RED)

Big Ian
08-07-2004, 12:15 AM
an they say "a woman's work is never done" :nono: :rolleyes:

RED
08-07-2004, 10:52 AM
an they say "a woman's work is never done" :nono: :rolleyes:

You are so right I was perspiring by the time I'd finished :D

ReggieK
08-07-2004, 01:43 PM

Don't understand this exchange. BDA do you need a new bumper as well? Why would RED have one, she's just lost the last one. :D (Ignore me, the light has just dawned - noted the body shop. Doh!!)

I suppose it's a different bumper on Legnum so cost will be different, but if it's any guide... I have just had a quote of around 700 notes for new rear bumper for my saloon!!!

RED
08-07-2004, 04:24 PM
Never mind the car, where are those pics you promised!!!!

;)

Ok here I am but I'm fully clothed unlike your goodself was :$

enigma
08-07-2004, 04:25 PM
:thumb1: :boing3: :hurrah:

RED
08-07-2004, 04:44 PM
Don't understand this exchange. BDA do you need a new bumper as well? Why would RED have one, she's just lost the last one. :D (Ignore me, the light has just dawned - noted the body shop. Doh!!)

I suppose it's a different bumper on Legnum so cost will be different, but if it's any guide... I have just had a quote of around 700 notes for new rear bumper for my saloon!!!

Jesus christ - is that painted and fitted.

Bumper 229.14
Brackets aprox 20.00
Upper and lower reinforcers approx 50.00
Paint and fit 180.00

The above doesn't include the parts discount of about 15%. If we can help pm us :-D

ReggieK
08-07-2004, 05:34 PM
Jesus christ - is that painted and fitted.

Bumper 229.14
Brackets aprox 20.00
Upper and lower reinforcers approx 50.00
Paint and fit 180.00

The above doesn't include the parts discount of about 15%. If we can help pm us :-D

For that money I'll want it painted, fitted, waxed, polished, wooed and romanced :smitten: , including flowers and a dinner. Unfortunately I suspect it stops after the fitting. :D

But even so, it would be cheaper to get you to do it even if I included fuel and a night in a hotel!! I'm going to get a couple of more quotes before I make a decision, but if I can get some better photos I'll post em up or mail them to ya.

Thanks for offer of help :thumbsup:

Big Ian
08-07-2004, 06:44 PM
Ok here I am but I'm fully clothed unlike your goodself was :$

:hurrah: HI RED,nice to put a face to the name ;)

enigma
08-07-2004, 10:47 PM
Quick, move it to the meet Club VR4 memebers post!!! :laugh:

RED
08-07-2004, 10:54 PM

What do you mean quick I'm here to stay post me where you will :wiggle: I'm not shy :-D

The Vee
08-07-2004, 11:21 PM
[QUOTE=RED

Also got some pics of the new evo bonnet and spoiler in prep with some reface filler paint and the bonnet being blocked down to try and get rid of the rippley bits

QUOTE]
Can't see the nippley bits :-D :$

RED
08-07-2004, 11:29 PM
What dooo you mean nippley bits :p I'm not Big Dave "get me baps out for the lassess" Akers you know ;) :-D

The Vee
08-07-2004, 11:36 PM
What dooo you mean nippley bits :p I'm not Big Dave "get me baps out for the lassess" Akers you know ;) :-D

:lolz: :help: :thumb1: :toilet:
must be me age ! sorry eyes

Big Ian
18-07-2004, 12:52 AM
HEY RED i was just avin a nosey at your car and ...i could not help but notice sumit?.......is your car on S.O.R.N....don't tell me it's at home an you forgot to put it on :laugh:

Spirit
18-07-2004, 11:06 AM

All done :-D

RED
18-07-2004, 02:39 PM
HEY RED i was just avin a nosey at your car and ...i could not help but notice sumit?.......is your car on S.O.R.N....don't tell me it's at home an you forgot to put it on :laugh:

All legal :-D When that pici was taken it was at the beginning of June. I had to wait(?) to get the car finished off because we were so busy and I just had no one to work on it. When it was preped it took another week to get it in the oven :rolleyes5 cos I need the oven for 2 days - 1 to do the car and the other to do the bits and I needed paying work in there first. In total I was without her for about 7 weeks :| sheer hell ;) Infact when I got her retaxed I still didn't have her on the road. There bet you wished you hadn't asked now :p :-D