PDA

View Full Version : Movie creator

miller
16-11-2009, 04:19 PM
/Hissy /Hissy /Hissy Windows Movie Maker will not save my creation as a movie file no matter what i do. There is enough ram left on my PC, original file is in its original position, never moved it at all yet still this feckin error message keeps appearing.

Any ideas or links to better free software? Fed up as its taken me ages to get it just so :furious3: :furious3:

Mike

Atik
16-11-2009, 04:30 PM
I've been there and tried a number of free video creation softwares. I cant get Windows Movie maker to work at all on any of my computers.

The one I am using at the moment is VideoSpirit Pro, but it is a paid application. IIRC I paid $30 for it via online download and was using the full app within an hour.

miller
16-11-2009, 04:41 PM
its sooo annoying, its worked numerous times in the past grrrrr

I-S
16-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Try virtualDub (aka vDub). It's free. Rather clunky, but it will get you there.

Turbo_Steve
16-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Few things to check:
1) you say you have enough free RAM. Do you have enough free diskspace?
2) what format are you trying to save in? sometimes changing it can help?
3) are you trying to save into the same folder as the original media? Is the name sufficiently different?

miller
16-11-2009, 05:47 PM
146GB of free space.

Yes different name, ie its all numeric files coming off the memory cards.

Do you have a choice of format? usually 'best fit' works for me? Whats recommended?

vDub apparently has dissapeared according to the links ive checked out

Turbo_Steve
16-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Ah....are you reading from the memory cards, or have you copied the files to the hard drive?

File Format is usually WMV. Can't recall if WinMovieMaker allows you to save other formats?

miller
16-11-2009, 06:53 PM
ahhhh got it, apparently Movie maker wont let you go over 5mins in length which is absolute crap!

Beware loads of small vids coming your way soon CVR4!

bradc
16-11-2009, 07:06 PM
You don't have a FAT32 file system, which will limit you to only 4gb files? Go to My Computer, then right click on the HDD in question, then to go Properties. Does it say FAT32 or NTFS? If it says EXT3 I'll give you some bonus points :)