PDA

View Full Version : My Legnum Is Up For Sale :(

jaysback
07-07-2004, 09:03 PM
Its a sad moment, but i comes to most of us ( i know some of you would never sell your VR4's)

£8000 gets you:-

98 'R' LEGNUM VR4-S
49,000 miles (odo reeds 65k)
met silver
recaro / carbon fibre interior version (black and red)
extreme bodykit (its a genuine mitsi of a jap. ltd. edition galant - i think)
HKS induction kit
FUJITSUBO exhaust + de-cat
CODE cat one alarm.
shall put 12 mounths MOT on it
she also has tax till end of august

i will try to get some current pics of her.
that will have to wait until the weather gets a little better me thinks

now for the honest stuff:-

she needs a service

i did have a pair of front bumper spoiler things on it.
i still have one in the garage but the other left the vehicle @70mph.
the front bumper is of colour where the spoiler thingys used to be......

i also have a set of EBC drilled and grooved discs in the garage.
these where warped courtesy of the red stuff pads but i have since had them profesionally skimmed.

feel free to ask any questions...

Cheers

jason

p.s. she is making way for a new shape previa of all things
over twice the time to get to 60 :laugh:
dont know how i will cope :rolleyes5

Spirit
07-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Sorry you're having to sell up mate, but 'er indoors must be obeyed !

Good luck with the sale mate ;)

Il Dottore
08-07-2004, 09:04 AM
Sir,

Just a couple of assmumptions:

It is a Jap Import not a Ralliart Import
It is Tiptronic not manual.

Finally, a question:

How much service history does it have?

Thanks,

Phil.

Brind
08-07-2004, 05:38 PM
Are you thinking of coming back to the land of the VR-4's Phil? :)

Il Dottore
08-07-2004, 09:10 PM
Well, you know...I keep my eyes open!

I've had 3 cars since then, inc a 98 Supra, and a 300ZX TT, but none are really like the old VR4!

The old Girl is up for sale, but you should never go back to a lover once you've left them!

Phil.

ReggieK
09-07-2004, 08:56 AM
Well, you know...I keep my eyes open!

I've had 3 cars since then, inc a 98 Supra, and a 300ZX TT, but none are really like the old VR4!

The old Girl is up for sale, but you should never go back to a lover once you've left them!

Phil.

Er, actually it isn't anymore ;)

I've decided that I will need to get the bumpers repaired first, and at the prices I have been quoted it won't be as soon as I would have liked. So it's time to tighten the belt, so at least I'll be able to afford to enjoy driving her (I need to lose some weight anyway :-D )

Heh, heh....the beast is back :io:

Oooops, thread hijack, sorry...... :$

Il Dottore
09-07-2004, 12:43 PM
Er, actually it isn't anymore ;)

I've decided that I will need to get the bumpers repaired first, and at the prices I have been quoted it won't be as soon as I would have liked. So it's time to tighten the belt, so at least I'll be able to afford to enjoy driving her (I need to lose some weight anyway :-D )

Heh, heh....the beast is back :io:

Oooops, thread hijack, sorry...... :$

Not to worry! It passes the time whilst I wait for a reply to my questions....(hint hint).

ReggieK
09-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Not to worry! It passes the time whilst I wait for a reply to my questions....(hint hint).

:D As we're just passing time then....I take it you got your new reg documents then? Ought to let you know I'm still driving around with your plates on. Hellfrauds are making a sodding meal out of making up the rear plate. :wall: Hopefully this weekend :thumbsup: optimism at it's finest.

Er, hang on, fast car, wrong plates, police speed trap hmmm :D :D Only kidding.

Il Dottore
09-07-2004, 05:15 PM
:D As we're just passing time then....I take it you got your new reg documents then? Ought to let you know I'm still driving around with your plates on. Hellfrauds are making a sodding meal out of making up the rear plate. :wall: Hopefully this weekend :thumbsup: optimism at it's finest.

Er, hang on, fast car, wrong plates, police speed trap hmmm :D :D Only kidding.

Give automarque a call, they do them same day! Admittedly they are in Gravesend, but surely posting them will be quicker, and you'll get the right size!

Find them here (http://www.uknumberplates.com/automarque.htm) .

Phil.

PS - Speed away! You can never have too many points on yer license!

jaysback
09-07-2004, 06:27 PM
hi guys.
sorry for the delay. (12hr night shifts are taking thier toll on me)

it now has 12 mounths MOT.
perhaps i should have put in the first post :-

jap import
tiptronic box
(my bad)

we have had the car 3 years, cost us £16000 from vehicle buyers japan.
the have serviced it once for us and that was when a water pipe split so they did that at the same time.

other than that all the service work has been carried out by a mechanic friend who i used to work with when my dad was his boss.

these where at 4500 - 5000 mile intervals

they are not stamped in the book as he did them for cash at the weekends for me and also the book is in japanese and both us havent got a clue where to start with that.

she had 28,000 miles when we got it.

hope this is all useful info.
cheers
jason

a friend has just brought a 3000gt tt. in red with a big spoiler ,twin dump valves and stuff not had a go yet though.......

GialloGrale
20-07-2004, 02:15 PM
I might be interested... are you going to post some pics? inside and out...

Has it got roofrails?

The odo shows 65k, and 'she had 28,000 miles when we got it' - looks like you've done 37k miles so how do you get 45k miles? Is it still in km or have you been winding the odo forwards??? :)

Nick Mann
20-07-2004, 07:09 PM
I may be able to answer the mileage question, although I don't know the car personally....

28,000 miles = 45,000 km.

Therefore, when the car was imported the odometer read 45,000. After the conversion the odometer will count in miles, but starting from 45,000. The difference between 28k and 45k can be removed from the total odometer reading if you want to count the whole thing in miles. My calculated difference is 17k, the quoted difference is 16k. I guess some rounding has been done the wrong way!

Hope this helps.

jaysback
20-07-2004, 09:08 PM
sent pm giallo.

as for the speedo.

mileage when it landed in the uk 44495 kilometers = 27649 miles
so subtracting 16846 from the speedo reading will give the corrected mileage.

currently this is 65538-16846=48692.

cheers
j