PDA

View Full Version : Need Info on 99 Galant VR-4

EvOsama
07-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Hi,

As you can see I'm new to this forum. I basically need any info on known problems and servicing issues regarding the 99 VR4. I tried to find a buyers guide on here but can't seem to locate it; if there is some could someone point me in the right direction :-D Anyways, I have the opportunity to buy a low mileage VR4 but need to know if it can be used as a daily driver with few problems (if any).

Any help you peeps can provide is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Truth.

Nick Mann
07-07-2004, 10:28 PM
Are you the guy who just 'phoned about mine?

Either way, welcome!

Have a look in the for sale section for members cars, or read the buyers guide here (http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/resources/buyersguide.php).

EvOsama
07-07-2004, 11:08 PM
Hi Nick,

No, it wasn't me who called about your car, but thanks for the link to the buyers guide. Very informative. As you've had your car for a while, can you advise if there are any known problems I should be aware of?

Thanks again,

Truth.

Nick Mann
08-07-2004, 09:53 AM
The guide says most of it. Check out the cambelt change and the AYC. Both can cost - the cam belt service is in the region of £700-800, and the AYC can cost up to £2000 if it fails.

Whereabouts are you? If you see one you like there may be a chance of someone looking at it with you.

Nick.

Brind
08-07-2004, 02:34 PM
As said, the biggies are:

AYC pump failing = £2000+

Automatic gearbox oil seal = engine out etc etc just to replace it, costs £10 for seal, your mortgage to do it.

Balljoints and other possible surrounding area damage = ?

Major service (from dealer), cambelt etc = £700+

Good news is the warranty covers all.
You don't need to have it serviced a main dealer to keep your warranty ensuring you use like for like parts.