PDA

View Full Version : Galant V VR4 prices

mesobitchy
21-11-2009, 01:39 PM
Been doing a serch on prices for galants today for a friend as she is sick and tired of her french bit of $hit.
while looking for what price to sell her car for, (2700 - 2000) i thought humm i look at galant prices,
iv seen them on autotrader and the bay for anything up to 3.5k!!! lowest 500 for a battered one.
and the vr4's fetching from 1000 to 4.5k.

but the main high prices were the galants, they out pricing the vr4's!
how come?

Atik
21-11-2009, 03:47 PM
UK spec'd, and they are 'easier' to maintain/repair as some garages dont like imports. The high priced ones would also be later years V6-24 Sports/Elegance (51, 02, 52) as opposed to a £500 P-reg GLS.

Ultimately its what you want to spend on a car thats the main concern. If you are not happy to buy a Galant for £3000, then fair enough.

mesobitchy
21-11-2009, 03:54 PM
hoping she can shift her car for about 2300, not bad for a 7year old 1.4 $hit heap!
and shes aksed me to look for a car for her, so iv decided to go for a saloon galant, as i think the estate would be to big.

with that sort of play money i think shes gonna get a fairly mit galant.
and wont be let down by it!

so the hunt goes on.

Atik
21-11-2009, 04:16 PM
What exactly is her 'French piece of sh*t' as you put it?

If she is driving a Citreon C3 or a Peugeot 306 or something tiny like that with a 1.4 engine, then the jump to a relatively MASSIVE Galant, with a 2.5 V6 engine will be a massive shock. Possibly not the best move to make in my opinion.

Actually sit down with your mate and work out what she wants in a car, not what you think she will want.

mesobitchy
21-11-2009, 04:52 PM
shes got a 106, and has mr2's before this,
the only reasion she got this heap of s!hit was to shut her perants up who were saying that the pug was more reliable then her japcrap.

if its so reliable then why has it had a new battry, head gasket, o2 sensor, and cat in the past 6months, when the mr2 only needed new drop links, and o2 sensor.

while talking to her on the phone i did mention the galant ans she was like yeah but not the vr4 to thurtsy lol, or a mazda, or a vauxhull

Atik
21-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Fair enough. Just wanted to make sure you were clear in your direction to buy the right car for you friend.

To be fair, any car can require work and replacement parts. As looked after as Ariadne was, she needed a new gearbox soon after K sold her. So dont go thinking that Jap cars are unbreakable. Just they 'tend' to be made more reliable.

mesobitchy
21-11-2009, 05:58 PM
oh i know there not unbreakable atik, just look at my kitt!
2 engines, 3 gear boxes, 5 dirve shafte 3 sets of cv joint, head gasket, rad, cam belt, bottom end.....

and all in 2 years and i worshiped the ground that car drove on, to the point i belive it was more so then K..... if thats possible! /lol

bradc
22-11-2009, 08:47 AM
I know that in the UK most cars are sub 2.0L, but I find post 4 by Atik to be a bit strange, the Galant 2.5's are exceptionally big or fast really. Probably over 30% of people in New Zealand and Aussie learn to drive in a V6 3.8 or I6 4.0 Commodore or Falcon. Even when I was 15 I had no problems driving larger cars.

elnevio
22-11-2009, 10:55 AM
I know that in the UK most cars are sub 2.0L, but I find post 4 by Atik to be a bit strange, the Galant 2.5's are exceptionally big or fast really. Probably over 30% of people in New Zealand and Aussie learn to drive in a V6 3.8 or I6 4.0 Commodore or Falcon. Even when I was 15 I had no problems driving larger cars.
Trouble is, most learner cars over here are Vauxhall Corsas, or Ford Fiestas - or other similarly-sized superminis. Then new drivers often get similar vehicles for their first cars (well, they learnt in one, why not drive one!), so never get used to driving anything bigger.

mesobitchy
22-11-2009, 03:44 PM
i jumped from a corsa to a mark4 astra.
but saying that i can jump from mini to transit and back again an not think twice about what im driving,
i personaly never found it a problem driving a large or small car.
some people can just do it, while others cant.
same thing applays to all sorts of things in life i guess.

but never the less if my mate likes what i find for her, hopefully a galant!
she will be joining up on here.