21-11-2009, 02:08 PM
YEAR: 1996

COLOUR: silver

MILEAGE: 67000 on car 70000 on engine

R.F.L.* EXPIRY DATE: feb 2010

M.O.T. EXPIRY DATE: its due jan so we'll put a new one on regardless

PRICE: £3200 ono

CONTACT DETAILS: pm or in here

DESCRIPTION: Was gonna put it up far sale back in september and that very day the engine went on us seemed to be due to an oil blockage (see other threads as to what happened etc)

so now new engine is in and its back up for sale

car has brand new coolant, engine oil and transmission oil and new gass'd aircon due to the engine swap. while on ramps we can also confirm it has no rust and is absolutely mint condition throughout

it has -

Facelift Ecu
k&n high flow panel filter (new)
magnecor 8.5mm comp leads (new)
iridium plugs (grade7) (new)
low temp sard stat (new)
de cat
powerflow custom exhaust
Turbosmart Evo hybrid dump valve - vents to air and recirculates

fully synth oil change (just done)
oil filter (just done)
coolant flush (just done)
new Radiator fitted
New cam belt and idlers 12k miles ago

yellow stuff front pads
red stuff rear pads

18" Konig Alloys with Eagle F1's all round
standard alloys with semi slicks fitted
Facelift Bonnet
HID headlight conversion
headlights de-oranged
rear de-badged apart from Vr4 badge
Clear side repeaters
debadged wings
undersealed

also have a manual boost controller which at 1bar the old engine made 295hp with 317 ft lbs but its not back on new engine as i'd prefere to sell it standard giving the seller the choice to re-ad again.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/xxkellyxx001/Cars/VR4/PICT0010.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/xxkellyxx001/Cars/VR4/legrearnight.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/xxkellyxx001/Cars/VR4/IMAGE_079.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/xxkellyxx001/Cars/VR4/IMAGE_073.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c217/xxkellyxx001/Cars/VR4/PICT0135.jpg

Kelly&Ben
21-11-2009, 02:12 PM
oh its a cold edition one with the funky heated wiper strips, better starter motor and wat ever else they have extra etc

ANTHONY
21-11-2009, 05:55 PM
looks nice. now that is ther kinda price they should be fetching not the low low prices people are asking for them....good luck hope it sells for you

Kelly&Ben
03-12-2009, 02:53 PM
Thankyou, i hope she sells too even tho will miss her.

Kelly&Ben
08-12-2009, 12:28 PM
oh also has a brand new water pump when engine was swapped

Kelly&Ben
14-12-2009, 08:02 PM
This car will be in Southampton area between 20th -26th december if anybody in that area is interested :)

Kelly&Ben
02-01-2010, 11:43 PM
Bumpy for a nice VR4 :)

ianturbo
03-01-2010, 02:48 AM
keep it Ben you will only regret it !!/STP
ian

Kelly&Ben
04-01-2010, 10:57 AM
keep it Ben you will only regret it !!/STP
ian

Would love to be able to but its one of three cars sat on our drive.

Its insured this week again so anyone wanting a test drive now would be ideal time.

Everytime i drive it i dont want to let it go :(

Kelly

alexward
04-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Would love to be able to but its one of three cars sat on our drive.

Its insured this week again so anyone wanting a test drive now would be ideal time.

Everytime i drive it i dont want to let it go :(

Kelly
I'm after a top notch Legnum. I have to sell my ZT 190 though. My cars priced keenly, so it should go soon. Is yours a nice example Kelly&Ben??

baka262
05-01-2010, 11:39 AM
very nice car.

i bought Legnum VR4 and can you tell me what kind of oil should i use for Engine? also i am interesting where can i buy timing belt for it?
can you give me any website address?

thank you.

WildCards
05-01-2010, 11:43 AM
very nice car.

i bought Legnum VR4 and can you tell me what kind of oil should i use for Engine? also i am interesting where can i buy timing belt for it?
can you give me any website address?

thank you.

Another thread would be better suited for your questions, but quick answers would be Amsoil SSO 0w30 and www.camskill.co.uk if they deliver in your neck of the woods.

Kelly&Ben
07-01-2010, 10:36 AM
I'm after a top notch Legnum. I have to sell my ZT 190 though. My cars priced keenly, so it should go soon. Is yours a nice example Kelly&Ben??

Its a gorgeous example hence why i'm sad to sell. But 6yr old and lil baby means family life needs to come first.

Whilst up on the ramps everyone commented on how immaculate she is not one spot of rust etc all underneath was checked.

Been owned by two club vr4 members (including ourselves) so its had lots of TLC :)

I would have been lost without it though with this snowy weather, its been ace being one of few cars able to drive around in the snow :)

Kelly

Kelly&Ben
07-01-2010, 04:27 PM
it is seriously awesome in the snow! i've been loving it!

Ben

sardine
07-01-2010, 06:27 PM
pm sent

Very nice looking Vr4.

Kelly&Ben
07-01-2010, 10:04 PM
pm sent

Very nice looking Vr4.

Thanks, replied :)

Kelly&Ben
10-01-2010, 10:55 PM
Reduced price to £2900 i need space on my driveway! lol

chrisvr4
10-01-2010, 11:46 PM
That price seems very cheap considering there is one on ebay atm with 1 bid at £3750 !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITSUBISHI-ESTATE-LEGNUM-SPORT-SILVER-2-6-TWINTURBO-GAL_W0QQitemZ250558019855QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomo biles_UK?hash=item3a566bf90f

apeman69
11-01-2010, 02:34 AM
That price seems very cheap considering there is one on ebay atm with 1 bid at £3750 !

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MITSUBISHI-ESTATE-LEGNUM-SPORT-SILVER-2-6-TWINTURBO-GAL_W0QQitemZ250558019855QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomo biles_UK?hash=item3a566bf90f

In order to respect this for sale thread and to not hijack it could anyone considering commenting on this car for sale through e-bay please put their comments in this other thread?
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45531
Thanks.

shaun1978
11-01-2010, 03:11 AM
if i hadnt just been and bought this audi i would of probably had it back , oh well......

Kelly&Ben
11-01-2010, 11:54 AM
if i hadnt just been and bought this audi i would of probably had it back , oh well......

pah ! get rid of the audi :p

I wish didnt have to sell her she's been a godsend in this weather such an attractive car it gets alot of looks.

Ryan
16-01-2010, 02:46 AM
Still not sold? That interior looks good btw. Hope it sells soon! :)

Kelly&Ben
16-01-2010, 10:12 PM
Still not sold? That interior looks good btw. Hope it sells soon! :)

I have quite a few ppl at the moment who are interested one is a toyota member getting insurance quotes etc and a fellow mitsi member who is waiting on the sale of his car so fingers crossed :) although taking some guilty pleasure still having it for use :)

Barlow
22-01-2010, 07:09 PM
Alreet ben

I Chris(Broomy-ColtUK) was showing me this abit ago, very clean motor. Wish i had the money for it :(. I have a FTO atm, looking for a Legnum for around 2k. Just waiting for one to pop up.

Good luck with sale mate

Kelly&Ben
29-01-2010, 10:54 PM
She's been MOT'd today :) so now has 12months MOT

Kelly&Ben
07-02-2010, 10:10 AM
we're going to jap north west meet this monday evening at mascrat manor. Warrington if anyone wants a look etc

VR4Kaos
07-02-2010, 10:18 AM
a very nice example mate what a shame you have to sell her just bought mine and the mrs a vw golf or i would od bought it without hesitation

Westybest
14-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Hi there, is she still for sale?
I have been looking at one on Ebay for £3800, on a P reg with 84000miles, seemed a bit excessive to me, so didn't jump in and get it, even though she is a luuuuuuuuuuuuuuurvely example lol.
However, looking at how much you are after i could well be tempted.

Kelly&Ben
15-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Hi there, is she still for sale?
I have been looking at one on Ebay for £3800, on a P reg with 84000miles, seemed a bit excessive to me, so didn't jump in and get it, even though she is a luuuuuuuuuuuuuuurvely example lol.
However, looking at how much you are after i could well be tempted.

Just messaged you :)

Yes i've seen legnums alot worse condition and ownership go for more money it just doesnt make sense.

Dont be fooled by our price she doesnt compromise on quality she is a stunning example inside and out :) Been taking guilty pleasure in still having her on my drive :)

Kelly

Kelly&Ben
25-02-2010, 08:31 PM
Car will now be sold with 6months tax too :)

pedro
25-02-2010, 11:05 PM
wtf, this still aint sold!!?? You people are all mad!!!

aboo
25-02-2010, 11:10 PM
Cant believe it eather. This car is a stunner & the wheels look good as well maybe I'm biased.

Kelly&Ben
26-02-2010, 03:57 PM
I dont get it either people are buying ones off traders around the 4k margin.

miller
26-02-2010, 04:11 PM
Its true, they seem to want fresh off the boat imports for some reason. yet they immediatley have to shell out for tyres...cambelts...conversions.

Doesnt make an ounce of sense! Im trying to sell this facelift galant and its underpriced as it is, YET it comes with service history etc.

Anyways, i too cant believe this hasnt been snatched up.

Mike

Kelly&Ben
26-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Thanks for the replies and nice words. Starting to wonder why now though?

My grandad borrowed me some cash so i could buy an almera diesel as a runaround with the promise of me paying him back with the money off this car, i hate owing him money!

I can see why people like the thought of a fresh import but like you say theres alot of catches. This has had all that needs doing done due the conversion everything is new in there plus its on eagle f1's wouldnt put anything less on her.

Kelly

Jane
26-02-2010, 04:25 PM
I think also a lot of people buy from dealers that will take a PX, as its sometimes easier than trying to sell - I know we've done it in the past ......

Hope you both get some luck soon ......

Kelly&Ben
26-02-2010, 04:27 PM
I think also a lot of people buy from dealers that will take a PX, as its sometimes easier than trying to sell - I know we've done it in the past ......

Hope you both get some luck soon ......

Yeh true! Ive had alot of offers on swaps thats for sure lol

shaun1978
26-02-2010, 04:33 PM
I cant understand why it hasnt sold, it virtually needs nothing, when I had it I spent a bomb on it , and I'd imagine kelly&ben have done the same, it just doesnt stack up...../Hmmm /Hmmm

Jane
26-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Yeh true! Ive had alot of offers on swaps thats for sure lol

Funnily enough, we got both our VR4's on private PX's - not much use if you don't want another car though!!

Fingers crossed for you it will get snapped up soon /yes

Rambaud
26-02-2010, 08:07 PM
Although I have been watching the market for some time now, there is not much I can do while I am still in NI.

If I was in the market for an auto Legnum (and I may be, but cannot decide between an estate and a saloon), this would be on my short list.

Good luck with the sale.

Kelly&Ben
26-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Although I have been watching the market for some time now, there is not much I can do while I am still in NI.

If I was in the market for an auto Legnum (and I may be, but cannot decide between an estate and a saloon), this would be on my short list.

Good luck with the sale.

Well if you compare the insurance cost between the estate and the saloon i'm sure that will make your mind up for you :)

Shaun - I know everyone constantly tells me what an immaculate car she is, but i'm just attracting time wasters at the moment.

Kelly

Rickboy
26-02-2010, 11:47 PM
If i had sold mine would take your arm off sounds good.
:(

Rambaud
27-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Well if you compare the insurance cost between the estate and the saloon i'm sure that will make your mind up for you :)

<snip>

Kelly

I was not aware of a difference in insurance premiums - I shall check that out.

Kelly&Ben
27-02-2010, 04:25 PM
I was not aware of a difference in insurance premiums - I shall check that out.

I found the cheapest place for our legum was admiral and its the cheapest car to insure that we have ever owned.

Kelly&Ben
27-02-2010, 04:27 PM
If i had sold mine would take your arm off sounds good.
:(

I've always wanted to own a pulsar old skool cool i just hear so many horror stoires of those gearboxes.

Rambaud
27-02-2010, 09:54 PM
I found the cheapest place for our legum was admiral and its the cheapest car to insure that we have ever owned.

Admiral were pretty competitive - although it made no difference whether it was a saloon or Legnum.

Bell were about £14 p.a. cheaper - but are part of the Admiral Group.

Post Office was the cheapest on one site but a different price on another and Could not find a Legnum :huh:

Kelly&Ben
27-02-2010, 10:39 PM
Admiral were pretty competitive - although it made no difference whether it was a saloon or Legnum.

Bell were about £14 p.a. cheaper - but are part of the Admiral Group.

Post Office was the cheapest on one site but a different price on another and Could not find a Legnum :huh:

Really? people wouldnt quote me on a saloon but were fine with the estate! odd! Didnt matter in my case though as i wanted the estate anyway.

I find it mad how i have two turbo'd jap imported vehicles and the third car a diesel almera is the most expensive to insure. lol

kinkyafro
28-02-2010, 01:38 AM
Really? people wouldnt quote me on a saloon but were fine with the estate! odd! Didnt matter in my case though as i wanted the estate anyway.

I find it mad how i have two turbo'd jap imported vehicles and the third car a diesel almera is the most expensive to insure. lol

They only list an estate vr4 import on the elephant/admiral websites they prolly get confused... I always do an online quote, note the ref number, phone to buy, and tell them it's the saloon version just before I pay - never had an issue yet.

Rambaud
28-02-2010, 10:00 AM

I wonder if they were taking the Legnum to be an ordinary V6 Estate?

Confused.com did not seem to be able to locate the Legnum only the V6 Estate. However, Gocompare.com had no such problems.

Rickboy
28-02-2010, 01:00 PM

I've always wanted to own a pulsar old skool cool i just hear so many horror stoires of those gearboxes.

I know just spent 600 quid on a recon box for it spent so much its now (touch wood) bullet proof ! Forged with a long list of mods a touch heavy on the fuel. Was done up by you actually at a place called Hiteq. There gone know! :(

Kelly&Ben
28-02-2010, 08:34 PM
I know just spent 600 quid on a recon box for it spent so much its now (touch wood) bullet proof ! Forged with a long list of mods a touch heavy on the fuel. Was done up by you actually at a place called Hiteq. There gone know! :(

Oh i know of Hitec! Its nearby to me! They gone bust now have they? An old friend of mine had legal issues with them regarding a hks gearbox they sold him for his skyline.

Rickboy
28-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Yeh they where good a few years ago. They went under a couple of years ago.
They where the mustard on pulsars! Well its been good to me they did a great job!

trigger
02-03-2010, 12:06 PM
Is it still for sale ?

Kelly&Ben
02-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Is it still for sale ?

Hiya

Yes it is.

I just recieved notification you tried pm but my inbox was full. My apologies i didnt realise should be ok now :)

Davidian Filth
03-03-2010, 01:34 PM
Hi there,

I am very interested in buying Legnum and your car looks perfect to me. Is it still on sale? Is it possible to pop in today and have a look? If not today, when will be good time for you?

I live approx 100 miles from you. It would be great if you could let me know your post code.

I look forward to hearing from you ASAP.

Regards,

Filip.

PS. You mail box is full or something and I asn't able to snd you private message.

Kelly&Ben
03-03-2010, 02:04 PM
hiya yes its still for sale here's our mobile number 07500047293 i thought my inbox was ok but just give us a call or a text and pop by whenever. There's always at least one of us home :)

Rickboy
07-03-2010, 08:47 PM
Cant belive that you dropped the price starting to think my car is not goin to sell and then you have to watch goo cars sell! Fingers crossed!

Kelly&Ben
08-03-2010, 03:30 PM
She has now sold :( Just watched the owner drive her away!

elnevio
08-03-2010, 06:09 PM
Bittersweet news, I guess.

Updated title.

Turbo_Steve
08-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Glad you've managed to sell her. Gutted it wasn't to me LOL

shaun1978
09-03-2010, 03:05 AM
is it to a club member?

Kelly&Ben
10-03-2010, 10:37 AM
is it to a club member?

It was sold to Davidian Filth who's first post on this forum is on this sale thread. Altho if i remeber correctly he has been browsing the site for a year. He's always wanted a Legnum it was nice to sell it to somebody like that :)

Davidian Filth
10-03-2010, 12:42 PM
thank You Kelly and Ben for nice words.I just became member today.The car ...I just love it.I have no knoledge about car ,just basic staff ,and I was afraid of vr4 :) .You know,do I need that sort of car,can i afford one ...But ... I stoped smoking ,and my wife gave me green light.

So here I am /bananaroc

elnevio
10-03-2010, 02:58 PM
You have a pearler there /yes

This was my 'standby' Leggie in case mine got written off!! :sunny:

Kelly&Ben
10-03-2010, 08:12 PM
thank You Kelly and Ben for nice words.I just became member today.The car ...I just love it.I have no knoledge about car ,just basic staff ,and I was afraid of vr4 :) .You know,do I need that sort of car,can i afford one ...But ... I stoped smoking ,and my wife gave me green light.

So here I am /bananaroc

Awwww i'm so happy it went to somebody like you! I would never sell any car of mine to someone who i think wasnt going to love/appreciate it.

Im sure if you have any questions the people on here will help you look after your car.

Just be sure to read up on when they need servicing etc. All fluids etc have just been done so you have plenty of time to search and read the site :)

Turbo_Steve
10-03-2010, 08:27 PM
You lucky beggar - it's a bit of a "Halo" car, with most of the mods that other people would LIKE to do....done!

shaun1978
10-03-2010, 08:33 PM
I wish id never let it go tbh , but I had 2 wheels calling me :(