PDA

View Full Version : Sig sizes

mesobitchy
21-11-2009, 08:16 PM
After having a chat tonight about crap and what not, we stumbled on to the topic of sig sizes on cvr4.
we dont think there is a limit to how big you can have your sig. unless myself and garry are mistaken.

we are, and im sure some others are as well, finding that some of the sigs are just a bit to big, either in length or hight or both.

so was wondering about putting the idea out there for a sig size limit.

say about 600x100 for an img and say 2 lines of text.
or if people dont want to use and img for for there sig have 6 lines of text instead.

im thinking not only will it make it look better by not having to scroll across the sceen or half way down the page, but it will also speed up loading the page.

just my 2pence worth.

Nutter_John
21-11-2009, 08:18 PM
If you don't like signatures then turn them off in you control pannel

Since when did you become the fecking nanny state for CVR4 , if I want a big signature then I have one , wtf has it got to do with you

mesobitchy
21-11-2009, 08:20 PM
easy old man you will blow a gaskit.

was only making a susgestion and if you dont like it or the post then why waste your time with a ****ty responce like that?

ANTHONY
21-11-2009, 08:22 PM
but i do belive some of the sig's are a bit big /Wyhy

peter thomson
21-11-2009, 08:25 PM
I thought this had been discussed with the committee who determine sig sizes and as John said you can just turn them off

Nutter_John
21-11-2009, 08:31 PM
I thought this had been discussed with the committee who determine sig sizes and as John said you can just turn them off

Absolutely correct and if people had been arsed to search they would have found this out .

Everyone knows size does not matter it is how you use it and signatures are no different

miller
21-11-2009, 08:47 PM
says the one with a 'rude' hand sign in their sig.

Maybe every post you make should have a NSFW or Not safe for childrens viewing

I agree with John if you had searched first you would have realised that with one click you can turn them off, just as you have done recently by installing a spell checker.

Turbo_Steve
21-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Actually, I'm with meso on this one: I quite like the sigs, but some of them are just stupendous.

Saying "Just turn them off" is pretty weak: it's like saying "just view the BB as text only". You're turning off something that helps to identify fellow members.

That said, Meso, your sig suxxors.

Millers is just about right IMO. It's big, clear, doesn't fcuk up the forum formatting, and looks pretty cool.

elnevio
21-11-2009, 09:50 PM
On an unrelated note, Steve - your new avatar rocks! /yes

White Lightning
21-11-2009, 09:54 PM
We have been around this before and did agree in the past that if people have a problem with signatures they should just turn them off in their settings in the control panel. That said, we could look at it again. However, if we have to enforce rules I do have to agree with John that any signatures with obscenities would most likely also have to be removed.

Spirit
21-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Then of course if you start on signatures you also have to look at avatars and what restrictions are put in place for those. Also, if we were to impliment size restrictions then we would also do the same for links in sigs to other sites etc.

Don't forget that sigs also only show up once per thread for that poster.....I think the current system works well 99% of the time.

ANTHONY
21-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Then of course if you start on signatures you also have to look at avatars and what restrictions are put in place for those. Also, if we were to impliment size restrictions then we would also do the same for links in sigs to other sites etc.

Don't forget that sigs also only show up once per thread for that poster.....I think the current system works well 99% of the time.just means that sometimes the signature is bigger than the post.......................oh sorry Pete /bananaroc

Turbo_Steve
21-11-2009, 11:34 PM
All good points.
TBH I think the rule needs to be fairly simple:
You will be allowed your sig if it's not advertising when you're not a trader and doesn't make the forum look a mess.

Not being awkward, but why does a mild tightening of the rules on sigs make a difference to Avatars?

Oh...and....thanks Nev :)

Spirit
22-11-2009, 12:09 AM
Well, some people are annoyed by big sigs and others may be equally annoyed with a flashing avatar or a pic of a lady flashing her bits etc. As they say, you cannot please everyone.

I guess there is no reason a poll cannot be taken and if the majority of people want restrictions put in place then it can be discussed at the next committee meeting /yes - however, I would say you cannot just hold a poll based on sizes of sigs, content would also need to be in there.

ANTHONY
22-11-2009, 12:14 AM
anyway size anit everything /megawoot