PDA

View Full Version : Body Shop in Berkshire

ReggieK
08-07-2004, 01:50 PM
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a good body shop in the Berkshire area. I either need both bumpers fixed and resprayed or one fixed and a new rear one fitted.

Had one quote so far of around £300 for fixing and respraying the front and, get this, a sickening £700 for supplying, painting and refitting a new rear (inc fog lamp). :sick:

Because of this the good news is.....I'll now be keeping the car. And the bad news......I'll have to cut out eating to be able to afford it. :D

Nick Mann
08-07-2004, 01:52 PM
I take it the rear is unsalvageable?

If I were replacing a rear bumper, I would not put the foglight back in it! I would use the light cluster as per UK cars. So much neater than a random light on the back.

ReggieK
08-07-2004, 02:01 PM
I take it the rear is unsalvageable?

If I were replacing a rear bumper, I would not put the foglight back in it! I would use the light cluster as per UK cars. So much neater than a random light on the back.

Well, I thought it would be OK with a bit of filler and a respray, but the place I went to (Mitsubishi recommendation) said they didn't want to do that and wouldn't quote.

Mine is a RALLIART supplied UK car. Would I need a new rear cluster or is it a simple rewire? Come to think about if it was that easy wouldn't RALLIART have done that rather than cut a hole in the bumper?

I've tried to attach a pic of rear in case it helps, dunno if it's gonna work though. ;)

enigma
08-07-2004, 02:05 PM
If its an insurance job can you get the front bumper exchanged also and donate yours to Project VX as a base???

;)

ReggieK
08-07-2004, 02:26 PM
If its an insurance job can you get the front bumper exchanged also and donate yours to Project VX as a base???

;)

If it was Dave, I would gladly let you and the project have it. Sorry ;) If the rear becomes available would you be interested or not?

enigma
08-07-2004, 02:28 PM
No, we have a brand new back bumper!!!! The car has only done 417km!!

Shame the VX bumper is different to yours!

The fog light is a problem on the saloon, you need an 'external' one, on the estate we have an extra set of lights we can rewire to! ;)

ReggieK
08-07-2004, 02:36 PM
No, we have a brand new back bumper!!!! The car has only done 417km!!

Shame the VX bumper is different to yours!

The fog light is a problem on the saloon, you need an 'external' one, on the estate we have an extra set of lights we can rewire to! ;)

Bugger about the fog light. Was hoping Nick was right, it would have looked better. Thanks anyway.

enigma
08-07-2004, 02:39 PM
It may work if you can get a pair of UK clusters ???

RED
08-07-2004, 04:50 PM
Can't see the damage in the pic try and take a closer one cos from the one you've took it doesn't look to bad to try and repair. Costs for the rear bumper I've put in a reply to you on my thread about my car have a look and if you want a natter send us a pm :-D

Nick Mann
08-07-2004, 06:55 PM
Sorry - didn't mean to mislead.

The legnum has five brake lights, whereas the UK estate has three brake lights and two fogs. I assumed the saloon would be the same.

Oh well....

RED
08-07-2004, 11:06 PM
My VR4 saloon has 5 brake lights and when we replaced the rear bumper we didn't replace the fog light. We should be able to rewire it through the 2 round brake lights or we may fit a small LED fog light on the bottom of the bumper. Bumper looks alot better for no fog light though. We've got til Novemer to get it to work :-D that's when my MOTs due

PS mines an official ralliart uk import too so should be the same