PDA

View Full Version : Least Lowering Springs?

giblet
21-11-2009, 11:25 PM
Odd question I know, but im after some lowering springs that lower that car by 20mm tops. Its currently sitting on Bilstein B12's which are apparently 30mm, but its far too low for the bumps round my area.

Went to the local asda with 4 people in total in the car and I could hear a light scraping which was most likely the exhaust. I want to keep the current shocks but just fit different springs.

Any suggestions?

aboo
21-11-2009, 11:33 PM
I fitted Tein springs there only 28mm at the front & 20mm at the back.

It does look a lot lower than stock.

Have a look at my pics in my gallery & you will see what they look like.

giblet
21-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Cheers for the reply. Found a set for 152 quid on camskill. Would the car scrape less if it was sat on 17"s instead of 18"s or would it make no difference?

aboo
21-11-2009, 11:47 PM
Thats the ones I have & could'nt say. I'm on 17"s but I still take care going over bumps.

Dont have any issues on normal driveing.

HOODY
28-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Any idea what is the lowest you can gowithout scrub if you have 18's?

bradc
28-11-2009, 11:27 PM
You could consider adjustables so you are able to go for the exact height you want.

Hoody - there is no straight answer. It depends on the width of the wheel, offset and size of the tyres.

Spirit
28-11-2009, 11:41 PM
I had the B12 kit on mine and it was def lower than 30mm, and yes every speed bump is a nightmare !

All I would say, is if you take it on track you will love the set up.....it's like the car is on rails /yes !

giblet
28-11-2009, 11:59 PM
You could consider adjustables so you are able to go for the exact height you want.

Hoody - there is no straight answer. It depends on the width of the wheel, offset and size of the tyres.

Dont really have the cash for adjustables at the mo. And I have just discovered that the tein springs I wanted to get from camskill are for the legnum only :(

I had the B12 kit on mine and it was def lower than 30mm, and yes every speed bump is a nightmare !

All I would say, is if you take it on track you will love the set up.....it's like the car is on rails /yes !

I was told by red that the handling was good on a track, but the speed bumps around here are starting to annoy me. Its fine if its only me or me and a mate in the car. But any more than 2 people and some bumps can be an arse

bradc
29-11-2009, 01:43 AM
Lowering springs for a legnum will fit a galant, you just might they will be at about stock ride height at the rear.