PDA

View Full Version : vr4 turbo question

keith-b
22-11-2009, 02:07 PM
does the turbo's on a vr4 both kick in at same time or which way do they work wat rpm does which kick in at and also can i fit a boost gague to each turbo

andydckent
22-11-2009, 02:12 PM
Both work at once. Can't really tell you anything else.

Turbo_Steve
22-11-2009, 02:21 PM
does the turbo's on a vr4 both kick in at same time
Pretty much: they're in parallel.

which way do they work
One per exhuast bank.

wat rpm does which kick in at
They are both spinning even at idle. They generally start being efficient at around 2700 -3000rpms.

also can i fit a boost gague to each turbo
You can. They will both read almost identical, as the compressor side is commoned, as are the wastegate feeds.

keith-b
22-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Pretty much: they're in parallel.

One per exhuast bank.

They are both spinning even at idle. They generally start being efficient at around 2700 -3000rpms.

You can. They will both read almost identical, as the compressor side is commoned, as are the wastegate feeds.

cheers mate i just want a gague for each turbo so i know if they are both boosting together or if one turbo is weaker etc

Nick Mann
22-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Both turbos blow in to the same pressure system. It will be more complex that just measuring pressure to see if they are working the same way, I think. I'd guess you need to measure flow from each, as the pressure will be fundamentally the same.

Turbo_Steve
23-11-2009, 05:27 PM
yah. Two turbos blowing into one pipe: so the pressure will be equal. Best bet would be to measure EGTs on both sides: the weaker turbo will be running hotter as it's less efficient for the same pressure.