PDA

View Full Version : worst fear

dinger1983
24-11-2009, 08:19 AM
well its finaly happened my worst fear my back going wile picking up my son

got up fine at about 6am went down stairs feed the wee man went back up to his room put him in his cot so i could go pee come back to change his bum and wile lifting him out bang the back f**ked and the wifes wondering why im shouting her name at 6:30 oh and the wee mans killing himself at the noise of pain and stupid faces im pulling

now im in agony with what can only be describe as a mix of Sciatica and realy bad cramp going down my leg no power in it and i can barely move but due to the crap way the raf deal with medical issuse i now have to drag myself to work phone for an apointment wait in work as normal for said appointment to then get there to be told you shouldnt be at work have 2 day of cos that how long every problem take to be fixed

but thats only if i dont get the doc that tells me all i have to do is stand up straight and ill be fine

djb160
24-11-2009, 10:38 AM
I can relate. I prolapsed a disk earlier this year. That wasn't very pleasant. If yours gets like mine and you can't piss I'll PM you how I worked around it.

oh and morphine FTW :D

dinger1983
24-11-2009, 12:02 PM
i have ha a coulpe of month with discomfort and pain but nothing i couldnt live with but i have been bad before

but just been refered for my second mri scan last thursday + a full blood work up

John TheAntique
24-11-2009, 09:22 PM
Maybe you could try one of these. ww.serola.net Works wonders for me and all the people I have recommended it to have reported very positively. It was my physio who introduced it to me.

aboo
24-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Not good to hear Scott. Cant you see a normal GP or does it have to be a RAF Doc?

dinger1983
24-11-2009, 09:40 PM
tryed normal gp there not to not many know how the raf system work and most wont go against another doc + right no im seeing the raf doc a Rheumatologist and the painclinic at ninewells

aboo
24-11-2009, 09:47 PM
Sounds like you have a slipped disk like I had. Only way to sort it is to go under the knife & have it removed.

mesobitchy
24-11-2009, 09:52 PM
"stand up right, put all your weight on it and walk like there is nothing wrong"

yeah.... now if they (the docs) had this problem can you realy see them doing this?
no, no they wont, they be craying like a woss with the pain!

i feel for ya mate, i really do, i had to take tramadoll and use them electric pads and lay on a hard floor, its hell on earth.

i hope you get better soon.

mesobitchy
24-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Sounds like you have a slipped disk like I had. Only way to sort it is to go under the knife & have it removed.
tryed an ostiopath (spelling!) or criopractor (spelling!) ??

elnevio
24-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Sorry to hear this, Scott. Hope the path to recovery is swift and smooth. /grouphug

Turbo_Steve
24-11-2009, 10:01 PM
That'll be an Osteopath or a Chiropractor, perchance? :D

Get well soon, Scott.

Roberto
24-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Hey Scott.

I've been there and done that, mainly due to doing cable pulls.
No matter what the doctors say, when you are finally sorted, try to do these as much as possible.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/core-strength/SM00047

No back support is better than your own body.

And I hope it easies off quickly for you.

aboo
24-11-2009, 10:45 PM
I was taking 36 tablets a day when my back was at its worst. I ended up staying in bed & calling the doc in everyday till they gave up & put me into hospital.

They removed the disk & I was back to work within 6 weeks.

dinger1983
24-11-2009, 11:03 PM
well im 4 year from fist symptoms took me 3 years for a scan

iv got blokes in my work in similar situations one toar his acilees tendant and was told by an army major doc "do you know how much a scan cost you wont be getting one of them"

aboo
24-11-2009, 11:05 PM
well im 4 year from fist symptoms took me 3 years for a scan

iv got blokes in my work in similar situations one toar his acilees tendant and was told by an army major doc "do you know how much a scan cost you wont be getting one of them"Thats shocking.

dinger1983
24-11-2009, 11:14 PM
its the truth when he asked for it in wrighting he was told no

Ryan
25-11-2009, 12:08 AM
Unfortunately it's not the only the UK armed forces battling with medical bullsht.

I've a friend in the Canadian Land Forces who's got seriously damaged teeth and he was given the Royal Runaround for more than a year before he was fitted with braces and headgear (they're that bad).