PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR-4, London

kay
24-11-2009, 03:53 PM
I have a black VR4 for sale, i have got it up on Ebay for £5000.00, but to a club member i will sell it for £4500.00 here's the link to Ebay

YEAR:1997 'p reg'
COLOUR:black
MILEAGE:71,000 Miles
R.F.L.* EXPIRY DATE:
M.O.T. EXPIRY DATE:dec 2009
PRICE:to members £4500.00
CONTACT DETAILS:
DESCRIPTION:click below link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1997-VR4-TWIN-TURBO-LEGNUM-300-BHP_W0QQitemZ260509433434QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAutomo biles_UK?hash=item3ca7927e5a

Thanks for having a look.

miller
24-11-2009, 04:00 PM
where the proof of 300+bhp please?

kay
24-11-2009, 04:06 PM
Miller: Taking into considertaion the work that has been carried out on this VR4 as this car comes standard 260bhp as you should know, then there is the MBC the HKS air filter with direct cold air, the de cat and the down pipes, i reckon that is 300bhp.

Turbo_Steve
24-11-2009, 05:27 PM
Have to agree with miller that 300bhp is a bold claim with those mods.
It's possible, but by no means a given.

That aside, it's a nice car in a nice colour, with a few unusal bits. I assume the stereo is included?
Good luck with the sale!!!!

I suspect one of the mods will be along shortly to ask you to re-write your advert in the correct syntax.

See here: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38653

Atik
24-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Just for a comparison, my car has only just broken 300bhp point now and that is with the aid of a few more mods than yours. 300bhp is a bold claim, and unfortunately, with a great many VR4 enthusiasts here, without proof from a dyno run, the figure will mean nothing.

Gowf
24-11-2009, 05:55 PM
The power thing is very much subjective to the individual car in question. 300 is a relatively achievable target, depending on boost, so long as its decent in the first place. You cant realy compare mod for mod, unless you know the true history of both cars in question, which is something i doubt many people do.

Anyway, good luck mate... It just seems no one wants these anymore. Makes me sad (and quite possibly bankrupt), but just got to see what happens.

elnevio
24-11-2009, 07:16 PM
I suspect one of the mods will be along shortly to ask you to re-write your advert in the correct syntax.

See here: http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38653
/yes - thems the :rulez:

Everyone else - the price is the price! Please do not post up 'but you can get xxx for £xxx, so why would I...' etc. etc. (you get the idea) on peoples' car FS threads. So I've tidied the thread accordingly...

As for power claims - verification is practically a pre-requisite on here! It tends to be the Dyno Way or No Way! :D

Anyway, I do have some serious queries that would no doubt be of assistance to potential purchasers:

1. You have stated that it has been converted from KMH to MPH, but that ALL the mileage is in KMs, and the speedo pic also shows KMs - perhaps you should clarify this :);

2. Cold air feed - there is only a missing battery in the engine bay pic. Have you installed some ducting or cold air set-up since taking the picture? As it is (even without a battery in the way), you are most likely going to be losing on the power front, since it has been well-documented that pod filters *reduce* power on the VR-4, due to intake of hot engine bay air, and a disturbed flow past the MAF. I can't tell if the vent in the bonnet is real, but even so, it won't be forcing cold air into the engine bay as it's almost certainly in a low-pressure area there, although it may well be helping suck hot air out :sunny:.

The queries aren't meant to be having a go, but rather for clarification, as this will be better for both buyer and seller alike - especially on here, where a lot of the potential purchasers know some (or a lot of) stuff about VR-4s.

PS. I've updated the thread title too - now you just need to do your bit please! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Thanks for updating while I was posting this! :afro:

AlanDITD
24-11-2009, 07:28 PM
yeah because all dynos will give the same figure.....pretty much rendering the "dyno test" usless anyway.

If you apply the logic of how well the car has been cared for etc etc then ill be expecting everyone to question "standard car, 260hp" and asking for power graphs aswell then.

Get a life people can people not just sell their cars without everyone wanting proof of power if they had said 400hp then yeah laugh away but c'mon 300hp hardly overexagerating is it.

Turbo_Steve
24-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Alan, it's a club rule that we all have to be technical pedants :D

I think the point is that a guaranteed 300bhp VR4 is a significantly sweeter proposition than one with, say 292bhp. And given that a Dyno plot costs a paltry £50 or so, at £4500 it'll massively help sell the car, it would seem a good investment.

mesobitchy
24-11-2009, 08:19 PM
what is it about black cars and dark tints that make them look soo sexy?!
its a very nice car, and im sure it will sell to the right person soon enough!
i like the fact the battrie has been moved to the boot??? and that grill as well, again nice touch :)

best of luck with the sale Kay!.....
dant fancy swapping for a 4th gen prelude? ;) lol

kay
24-11-2009, 10:41 PM
Just for a comparison, my car has only just broken 300bhp point now and that is with the aid of a few more mods than yours. 300bhp is a bold claim, and unfortunately, with a great many VR4 enthusiasts here, without proof from a dyno run, the figure will mean nothing.

Atik an ethusiast wouldnt really buy my car, he would buy a plain standard VR4 as mine has had work done to it, an enthusiast would wanna do his car up himself. my VR4 is for a person that just really wants to drive a VR4 thats already had work done to it save time and money.

kay
24-11-2009, 10:50 PM
/yes - thems the :rulez:

Everyone else - the price is the price! Please do not post up 'but you can get xxx for £xxx, so why would I...' etc. etc. (you get the idea) on peoples' car FS threads. So I've tidied the thread accordingly...

As for power claims - verification is practically a pre-requisite on here! It tends to be the Dyno Way or No Way! :D

Anyway, I do have some serious queries that would no doubt be of assistance to potential purchasers:

1. You have stated that it has been converted from KMH to MPH, but that ALL the mileage is in KMs, and the speedo pic also shows KMs - perhaps you should clarify this :);

2. Cold air feed - there is only a missing battery in the engine bay pic. Have you installed some ducting or cold air set-up since taking the picture? As it is (even without a battery in the way), you are most likely going to be losing on the power front, since it has been well-documented that pod filters *reduce* power on the VR-4, due to intake of hot engine bay air, and a disturbed flow past the MAF. I can't tell if the vent in the bonnet is real, but even so, it won't be forcing cold air into the engine bay as it's almost certainly in a low-pressure area there, although it may well be helping suck hot air out :sunny:.

The queries aren't meant to be having a go, but rather for clarification, as this will be better for both buyer and seller alike - especially on here, where a lot of the potential purchasers know some (or a lot of) stuff about VR-4s.

PS. I've updated the thread title too - now you just need to do your bit please! :thumbsup:

EDIT: Thanks for updating while I was posting this! :afro:

Reply to 1: The mileage on the vehicle is written down in KPH but is reading in MPH, only thing i need to clarify is that it is MPH but is states KPH, so a odd 4000miles back is started to read in MPH. THe miles since changed is saved on trip B on the mileage reader, so all you hve to do is deduct that from the reading on the dash, and then convert the rest into MPH to KPH which will give you around 71000, to make people happy i could just put black tape over the K on the dash board so it reads MH, hope that helps for 1.

Reply to 2: The reason as far as i can remember from other threads the filters like the HKS the one i have on my vehicle loose power or make loose power because there is no heat or fresh cold air getting to the filter, so what i have done is moved the battery to the boot and put a vent just ontop of the filter going down to where the battery was, so when the turbo does kick in and when it does suck air the air comes straight through the vent, a simple test with a tissue or carrier bag can prove this, i hope again that this helps.

kay
24-11-2009, 10:55 PM
Alan, it's a club rule that we all have to be technical pedants :D

I think the point is that a guaranteed 300bhp VR4 is a significantly sweeter proposition than one with, say 292bhp. And given that a Dyno plot costs a paltry £50 or so, at £4500 it'll massively help sell the car, it would seem a good investment.

Hi Alan, some people may have time on their hands to do a Dyno run just to prove a point my way is just by driving the vehicle, and that will prove to me what the vehicle is capable of! doing two jobs and moving into a new property i havent got the time to be running about and doing a Dyno run just to prove to people what my car is capable of. i bought this VR4 bog standard so i know for a fact how much of a change there has been in this VR4.

aboo
24-11-2009, 10:56 PM
There is some truth in that kay but if your advertising it at 300bhp thats what the potentiale buyer is expecting & if it was me who had bought it then stuck it on a dyno & it never had 300bhp I'd be more than a little pee'd off.

kay
24-11-2009, 10:57 PM
what is it about black cars and dark tints that make them look soo sexy?!
its a very nice car, and im sure it will sell to the right person soon enough!
i like the fact the battrie has been moved to the boot??? and that grill as well, again nice touch :)

best of luck with the sale Kay!.....
dant fancy swapping for a 4th gen prelude? ;) lol

Thanks for the compliments and the luck! As much as i would love to have a sports car my mrs thinks it time i get a proper family car :) Cheers mate

AlanDITD
24-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Hi Alan, some people may have time on their hands to do a Dyno run just to prove a point my way is just by driving the vehicle, and that will prove to me what the vehicle is capable of! doing two jobs and moving into a new property i havent got the time to be running about and doing a Dyno run just to prove to people what my car is capable of. i bought this VR4 bog standard so i know for a fact how much of a change there has been in this VR4.

It was steve not me.......

aboo
24-11-2009, 11:03 PM

I also bought my VR4 bog standard & now have roughly the same mods as your self & have noticed a big diffrence but I'm still away to stick it on a dyno next week to see what the real bhp is.

kay
24-11-2009, 11:36 PM
It was steve not me.......

Sorry Alan my bad!

kay
24-11-2009, 11:36 PM
I also bought my VR4 bog standard & now have roughly the same mods as your self & have noticed a big diffrence but I'm still away to stick it on a dyno next week to see what the real bhp is.

Good Luck

mesobitchy
25-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the compliments and the luck! As much as i would love to have a sports car my mrs thinks it time i get a proper family car :) Cheers mate
hey no probs :)
prelude a sports car?! *snigger*
its a 4 seater saloon/hatch
hehe but what is the vr4 then? but a 5 door estate... sounds like a propper family car to me ;)
built like a tank with loads of room :)
have you tryed doing a more simple/stealth ICE install? frees up alot of room and yet still have the impact of sound :)

Turbo_Steve
25-11-2009, 07:06 PM
:D Indeed: unless you're chonking through the miles, our VR4 has been an awesome family car!
In fact, I would suggest it's one of it's selling points :D :D

Free Bump for a nice VR4 that's a bit different :)

kay
25-11-2009, 08:19 PM
:D Indeed: unless you're chonking through the miles, our VR4 has been an awesome family car!
In fact, I would suggest it's one of it's selling points :D :D

Free Bump for a nice VR4 that's a bit different :)

Ive been away since May, the cars been parked up so cant really be chonking through the miles.