PDA

View Full Version : Interior light dimmer

karlous54
24-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Hey guys

Im after the dimmer control for the interior light. Its the controller that dimms the light over a few seconds after you have closed the doors.
Must be a year 2000 upwards, or some of you might know if it was just a facelift upgrade so maybe 1999 upwards, what ever fits.

If someone has one can ya let me know.

Cheers :)

Subaru ETA
24-11-2009, 07:32 PM
you mean the thing that makes the interior light dim when you close the doors, and then slowly dim out? the pre facelifts have that feature too

Turbo_Steve
24-11-2009, 07:38 PM
It's just a capacitor inline somewhere. I just have no idea where.

karlous54
10-12-2009, 08:47 AM
Eneded up being an Omron component that clips onto the back of the fuse holder underneath the steering wheel. Did all the lights and the door and head light chimes.
But the weird thing i have now is when i select revearse i get a beeping tone????? is this a standard thing on a vr4 ? cause i never use to have it

elnevio
10-12-2009, 08:51 AM
But the weird thing i have now is when i select revearse i get a beeping tone????? is this a standard thing on a vr4 ? cause i never use to have it
Definitely on autos, but I'm not sure about manuals.

psbarham
10-12-2009, 09:13 AM
Eneded up being an Omron component that clips onto the back of the fuse holder underneath the steering wheel. Did all the lights and the door and head light chimes.

Mitsu call it the ETAC's unit, it controls various things like the dimmer, central locking and the power to the windows after the ignition is off.
the uk cars don't have that feature, so when i did the engine and harness swap i had to mess about with the etacs units t get everything to work.