PDA

View Full Version : waxoyl

HOODY
25-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Does anyone know of a garage around the southcoast that does waxoyling

funkstardelux
25-11-2009, 02:55 PM
do it yourself..save the cash..have a look at dinitrol..less messy if u can get hold of a compressor buy a shutz gun for £10 off ebay and job sorted.

HJM
25-11-2009, 02:58 PM
Use clear Waxoyl - that's less messy than the black stuff.

Should only take a morning to do, unless you want to actually inject door cavities, etc.

H

HOODY
28-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Use clear Waxoyl - that's less messy than the black stuff.

Should only take a morning to do, unless you want to actually inject door cavities, etc.

H

I got a quote back from a company in poole... £517 +vat

OUCH!!!!!!

Later realised the quote did mention filling all cavities..

can you buy a kit thats big enough to do the Legnum? the clear stuff sounds good.

HJM
28-11-2009, 10:09 PM
Just put 'Waxyol kit' as a search on ebay.

Will cost £35 to £45 deliverd for 2.5 or 5 litre kit - a lot cheaper than the garage and you have the sprayer for future use.

To do the arches and underside of a Leggie will be about 3 litres !

You can readily buy single litres - most motorist shops do the kits etc.

And yes the clear is a good idea.

Unfortunately you need the car to be dry underneath so you'll need a few dry days before doing it !

As Waxoyl penetrates through light dirt you just need to spend half hour or so scrubbing off the worst dirt with a stiff brush - be prepared to don some overalls.

I would also suggest bagging all the brakes before dirt removal and spraying.

And fully axle stand all corners and do on a relatively still day.

H

HOODY
28-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Thanks HJM!!!!

.....North dorset? You must be just down the road from me.. :)

Ghost_2008
28-11-2009, 10:32 PM
I waxoyl'd my leggy myself........ it didnt take too long, is used a wire brush and had a scrub in some areas, I also touched some paint up using hammerite at the same time.

If you do it yourself, do not cover the break lines or drive shafts..... if the break lines a covered they may fail an MOT............

HJM
28-11-2009, 10:46 PM
.....North dorset? You must be just down the road from me.. :)

Yep, we're just west of Blandford - whereabouts are you?

J

HOODY
13-12-2009, 11:21 PM
Between New Milton and Lymington

HOODY
13-12-2009, 11:22 PM
cheers for the tip Ghost!

Dom B
14-12-2009, 05:48 PM
I used to believe in waxoyl, i used to chuck it on by the litre, so much so that every year when i took the car in for an mot the door handles etc would be covered in the stuff when i got the car back due to the mechanics getting covered in it poking around the bottom of the car. Sadly to my surprise the car rotted out the sill and wheelarch where i had been coating for years. I don't believe in the stuff any more i now plasma spray everything i want to keep from corroding, extreme but the only real way to protect short of making everything out of stainless.

HOODY
18-12-2009, 12:08 AM
plasma? ££££?