PDA

View Full Version : Legnum STR

bbunnys
26-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Its been a while since ive visited here but I know its good place for info. Ive got rid of my VR4 sadly now as it was getting a bit tired.
Im looking at maybe going for a STR legnum. Am i correct in saying they are basically a VR4 less the turbos. Also what are they like performance wise. Say in a stock one doing the old 0-100 test would I expect 7, 8 or 9 second runs?

Also anyting to look out for on them that can go wrong. Looking at getting one with about 75 000 on the clock which seems to be pretty low theses days.

I just feel getting a legnum without turbos hopefully means less to worry about.

Subaru ETA
26-11-2009, 12:37 AM
the enigne is a sohc v6 instead of a dohc v6. the auto is 4 speed instead of 5 speed.

i have found that my auto str had worse fuel economy then my manual vr4 - but that could be because my str had abit of work done to it!

they are a awesome car and i would say the engine sounds nicer then the vr4

bradc
26-11-2009, 10:18 AM
They are around 8-9s to 100kmh depending on auto or manual. I have a manual ST-R and simply love it. So much that I'm selling one of my VR-4's and getting another ST-R made up.

They are the perfect all round family car, they run great on 91 octane and use 8-9l/100km, have 4wd, good performance, etc etc. Definitely the pick of the non turbos too.

bbunnys
26-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Cool will look into getting one further then.

VR4WGN
27-11-2009, 06:02 AM
iv got a shell that im intending on building up in the new year sometime after Brads masterpiece is built up..