PDA

View Full Version : any members from Leeds / Sheffield area out there?

crazydriver81
26-11-2009, 11:59 PM
Hi folks!

Any members out there from Leeds / Sheffield area? I am asking, because I need someone to help me and maybe host me and a friend for a night. I will also pay a reasonable amount for the stay, but don't want to pay for a hotel.

It's likely that I'll sell my Legnum ST-R soon and I have another car in mind already. Assumed that I can negotiate the price and the car's mechanical condition is fine, I maybe buy a car from E&I near Leeds.

So I need your advice:
1. Which airport is near, from where you can fly to Germany?
2. Who is able to possibly host me for a night and maybe guide me to E&I?
3. Where to find prices for the ferry from Leeds to Zeebrugge?
4. How far away is Glasgow airport from E&I?

As said, all depends on the sale of my 25 ST-R now. Is there anybody who is able to check the car for me beforehand? I will pay for the fuel, for sure. I remind that SGHOM was from the Sheffield area, but is Derek still on here?

Thanks for your help guys!
Stefan

giblet
27-11-2009, 12:10 AM
Evening. Im in Leeds! I live with my parents so unable to help with the accomodation but I can try and view the car for you and help you with any other questions. Do you have the details/address for "E&I"? Leeds Bradford airport is the nearest airport to the city

Nutter_John
27-11-2009, 12:28 AM
E&I are scunthrope way

Please treat any sale as a private sale , been various view around there trading style

crazydriver81
27-11-2009, 12:44 AM
Hi!

Thanks for your offer to view the car beforehand. E&I stands for Ebony and Ivory and they are in Scunthorpe (DN17 2AZ) / Hoylake road.

I have to check over the weekend, if my car sells and I will make contact with them, asking if the car is still available and ask for some details. Then I'll let you know and we can have a brief chat if it males sense to view the car.

cheers
Stefan

crazydriver81
27-11-2009, 12:46 AM
Hi!

Thanks for your offer to view the car beforehand. E&I stands for Ebony and Ivory and they are in Scunthorpe (DN17 2AZ) / Hoylake road.

I have to check over the weekend, if my car sells and I will make contact with them, asking if the car is still available and ask for some details. Then I'll let you know and we can have a brief chat if it males sense to view the car.

cheers
Stefan

crazydriver81
27-11-2009, 12:48 AM
Please treat any sale as a private sale , been various view around there trading style

What do you mean by this? I won't sell them my car. It's in Germany, so it makes no sense to bring it to UK. :D

Nutter_John
27-11-2009, 12:52 AM
What I mean is that you need to have a look around on this and other sites as to how Ebony and Ivory's trade

There has been a few members who have not been happy with there after service or support

crazydriver81
27-11-2009, 01:00 AM
yeah, ok. We've had the discussion before. Thanks for the hint.

But as I will take the car to GErmany anyway, I don't want to try their service. I have a workshop available to do my own servicing, so I just need a car which brings me home... ;)

chris g
27-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Easiest airport is prob Leed/Bradford

But flights from Koln to East Midlands also possible and a bit further away from Scunthorpe

E & I can be found from M18 - onto A roads and then onto an industrial estate which is where it is a litle more effort to find them

But with good route planner/sat nav you should be ok

Helpful and friendly people when I went to look at a car...

elnevio
27-11-2009, 09:39 AM
Easiest airport is prob Leed/Bradford

But flights from Koln to East Midlands also possible and a bit further away from Scunthorpe

E & I can be found from M18 - onto A roads and then onto an industrial estate which is where it is a litle more effort to find them

But with good route planner/sat nav you should be ok

Helpful and friendly people when I went to look at a car...
Agree with all that. :thumbsup:

zentac
27-11-2009, 08:41 PM
Doncaster would be the best airport to fly into for E&I

Flix
27-11-2009, 09:34 PM
Or Humberside (Kirmington)

chris g
27-11-2009, 10:46 PM
Yes they are closer but the other two def have flights from germany

Thats why I suggested them

But the other two are better if the have flights from germany

ritch_w
27-11-2009, 10:49 PM
i'm near glasgow but 250 - 300 miles from scun thorpe

Flix
28-11-2009, 10:04 AM
If thers a flight to Manchester, theres a train link to Scunny.