PDA

View Full Version : Flashing lights- panic!

Quad Al
08-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Just fitted my stereo to y336 and removed an old phone mic, happy as... , stereo works ,fitted boot changer in glove box, temp' measure.Screw'd all panels back together, fire'd up and what the f?"FLASHING LIGHTS EVERYWHERE."
turned ignition on
Car was in park- park light lit.
neutral light flashing.
clicking relay under bonnet, had a look -abs relay!(clicking like indicator relay)
abs,orange engine and ayc warning lights all flashing,
drive car lights go out.
stop car (eng' running) lights come back on ayc first then the other two come on.
Tried pulling batt' lead for a minute, no change,
Has anybody any idea of where i should look to remedy this fault?
Pretty sure i have disturbed something behind the dash but checked all plugs and nothing improved.

Please Help?

Haven't had the car a week yet, :rolleyes5

Cheers, Al.

enigma
09-07-2004, 07:41 AM
Ooooops!

Sounds like you have disturbed a connector or 6! First thinsg to try is removing everything (stereo and changer) electrically to see if the fault goes away. If not its time to go knitting and find the fault.

The N light flashing is an indication that there is a gearbox fault, the gearbox ECU is mounted behind and below the stereo.

Sorry I cant be of more use!

Nick Mann
09-07-2004, 09:43 AM
Flippin' eck!

What have you done to it???!!! My poor car! (Oh, bu@@er, it's not mine anymore!)

I changed the radio in it, but never had a problem. Think you and BDA must be right - an ECU is loose or something. I assume you removed the console to remove the radio? There are lots of things in there that could have been disturbed.

lorriman
09-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Flippin' eck!

What have you done to it???!!! My poor car! (Oh, bu@@er, it's not mine anymore!)

I changed the radio in it, but never had a problem. Think you and BDA must be right - an ECU is loose or something. I assume you removed the console to remove the radio? There are lots of things in there that could have been disturbed.

Calm down Nick. :scared1: It must be your worst nightmare. First having to let her go, then finding out the new owner has been ripping her guts out, and all for a CD changer. If I'd spent all that money on a car I'd have an auto electrician fit it for me.

Anyway my CD changer is under the passenger seat. Quite neat!

Hope the BBQ goes well. Something going on at home, so can't make it.

Nick Mann
09-07-2004, 10:00 AM
Hope the BBQ goes well. Something going on at home, so can't make it.

That's a shame.

And I'm only joking about the car!

It must be something daft. Good luck finding it, Al.

Quad Al
09-07-2004, 09:32 PM
That's a shame.

And I'm only joking about the car!

It must be something daft. Good luck finding it, Al.

re:reply..
Ohh boll oxtails, just lost 1/2 hours worth of typing, I hate com'puke'rs. :sad3: anyway short and sweet now cheers Dave panic over,Nick's baby is ok.
Still trying to visit on Sunday, cant promise yet.
Cheers to you all,
BDA, i know owe you 4 BEERS!

Nick Mann
09-07-2004, 10:10 PM
Interested now to know what you did! Glad its all okay.

Japmetal
09-07-2004, 11:07 PM
Going soley on the basis of these posts, I'd say he knocked the 'Box ECU connector loose & has now refitted it properly :rolleyes5