PDA

View Full Version : A-spec galant into a j-spec vr4 galant?

steveo
09-07-2004, 06:47 AM
ok, first off im from america. i own a 6G 91 galant vr4. i now have to sell it and im wanting to get a 96 galant and vr4 it out. could you guys let me know where i can find parts needed to make it a vr4? where could i find the vr4 headlights, bumpers, tail lights, i also wanna see some inside pics of a 96 gvr4 if thats not a problem. i know where to get the engine, but not to sure on the driveline? and what kind of awd system does it have? limited slip, viscous, open? i would greatly appreciate it if you guys would help me out.
-thanks in advance, steve

Kieran
09-07-2004, 08:07 AM
ok, first off im from america. i own a 6G 91 galant vr4. i now have to sell it and im wanting to get a 96 galant and vr4 it out. could you guys let me know where i can find parts needed to make it a vr4? where could i find the vr4 headlights, bumpers, tail lights, i also wanna see some inside pics of a 96 gvr4 if thats not a problem. i know where to get the engine, but not to sure on the driveline? and what kind of awd system does it have? limited slip, viscous, open? i would greatly appreciate it if you guys would help me out.
-thanks in advance, steve

To be honest, your easiest way of doing this may be to buy a whole damaged Galant VR-4 from a Japanese salvage company such as TAU Corporation - getting separate bits into the US could work out far more expensive in the long run. Don't forget also that US Galant interiors are completley different to UK and JDM Galants - i'm not sure how interchangeable they are.

Nick Mann
09-07-2004, 09:39 AM
The 96 gvr4 in America was the 7g. In Japan it was changing to the 8g. This site has loads of info on the 8g, but not too much on the 7. There may be somewhere better to ask about the 7.

Good luck, though, and feel free to ask lots of questions!

steveo
09-07-2004, 04:43 PM
The 96 gvr4 in America was the 7g. In Japan it was changing to the 8g. This site has loads of info on the 8g, but not too much on the 7. There may be somewhere better to ask about the 7.

Good luck, though, and feel free to ask lots of questions!

there is no such thing as a 96 gvr4 in america. they only brought them over in 91-92 and only 3000 got here. if there was a 96 gvr4 in america i wouldnt be asking this. how would i contact TAU? and is there a site out there that discusses the 7g vr4? that speaks english?