PDA

View Full Version : Tappets - same for the V6 as the VR4?

Johnny_Cashed
06-12-2009, 07:20 PM
When I was removing and cleaning one bank of tappets to try and get rid of a rattle, I found that one of the tappets had a cracked plastic collar which must have been the rattling. I assume I need to replace this, would I be able to buy one of the tappets from camskill for the VR4 and fit it to my car? Also, speaking to my local Mitsubishi dealer, they haven't got stock of any fuel filters, and neither does Mitsubishi UK. Assuming I can get one for the VR4 from camskill, would this also be compatible?

Thanks

peter thomson
06-12-2009, 07:32 PM
The VR4 tappets are different but the fuel filter is the same

Davezj
06-12-2009, 07:34 PM
This is the correct Lash adjust for a VR4 from mitsi and they cost about £23 each

these are 3mm oil way type that mitsi now supply as standard

Johnny_Cashed
07-12-2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks Peter, Dave, looks like a trip to mitsubishi for me.

psbarham
07-12-2009, 08:21 PM
how desperate to be buggered by the dealers are you? i will be splitting a v6 lump down soon for a project so will have a set spare

Davezj
07-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Thanks Peter, Dave, looks like a trip to mitsubishi for me.

Have you actually worked out how much a set of adjuster will be from mitsi about £550. the £23 was an each price.

there are other sources for lash adjusters and they are about half the price £225

Confused
08-12-2009, 10:32 AM
there are other sources for lash adjusters and they are about half the price £225

Any further details, as we'll be needing a set for the V6 soon, they're not getting any quieter!

Johnny_Cashed
09-12-2009, 01:59 AM
Have you actually worked out how much a set of adjuster will be from mitsi about £550. the £23 was an each price.

Hi Dave, yes I realise the price is around £23 each, but I only need one to replace the one that is broken rather than the full set luckily!

Hi psbarham, what other parts are you going to have spare from the V6? I may have my car converted to LPG subject to a job interview going well, so I might like to have a spare manifold if I have to sell it later on or have the kit taken off.

psbarham
09-12-2009, 07:54 AM
Hi Dave, yes I realise the price is around £23 each, but I only need one to replace the one that is broken rather than the full set luckily!

Hi psbarham, what other parts are you going to have spare from the V6? I may have my car converted to LPG subject to a job interview going well, so I might like to have a spare manifold if I have to sell it later on or have the kit taken off.

i have everything bar the block and a few other odds and sods, the inlet manifold is there along with anything else you need. as soon as i get it removed I'll give you a shout