PDA

View Full Version : De-cat = More Boost

Polabear
10-07-2004, 04:16 PM
Was told something today and just wanted to know if it is true...does having the VR4 Decatted also increase your std boost....? it does make sense to me that once the obstruction of the cat is removed then your exhaust gasses will flow more freely therefore allowing your turbos to spin up faster...... :headsc:

enigma
10-07-2004, 04:33 PM
Not sure you will get a noticable boost hike, but it will cetainly come on quicker and stronger! ;)

RED
10-07-2004, 05:19 PM
Not sure you will get a noticable boost hike, but it will cetainly come on quicker and stronger! ;)

Having recently had my bda decat pipe fitted I have noticed that I come quicker and a bit stronger but the downside is my rear smells :p :laugh:

Spirit
10-07-2004, 06:38 PM
Having recently had my bda decat pipe fitted I have noticed that I come quicker and a bit stronger but the downside is my rear smells :p :laugh:

Not so worried about my rear end smelling, just about the extra noise and burbles :laugh:

Polabear
11-07-2004, 10:54 AM

LMAO @ RED... Does that mean the earth moves for you too RED..or is that just you running for the bathroom... :$ :lipsrseal

Rally205
11-07-2004, 12:08 PM
LMAO @ RED... Does that mean the earth moves for you too RED..or is that just you running for the bathroom... :$ :lipsrseal

Pola I can confirm that the earth moves for RED on a regular basis ;) :smug: :smoking:

nick-f1
11-07-2004, 12:31 PM
Pola I can confirm that the earth moves for RED on a regular basis ;) :smug: :smoking:

Hi Rally205 ,are you bragging? OR Have you bought Red a bulldozer? :rolleyes5 :lipsrseal :$

Nick

Spirit
11-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Hi Rally205 ,are you bragging? OR Have you bought Red a bulldozer? :rolleyes5 :lipsrseal :$

Nick

He's been looking at your avatar too long Nick :laugh:

Rally205
11-07-2004, 02:42 PM

Nick

Is that one of those devices that you get from Anne Summers shops? :rolleyes5

simpsonm
11-07-2004, 08:49 PM
Was going to fit my de-cat pipe today, got under the car and found that the bolts on the engine end of the pipe look seized. They are also differing in bolt head sizes. Hmm must be muppets that put this one on. I have decided to leave it and take it to my local mechanic. Let him round of my bolt heads and sort it...

Roadrunner
11-07-2004, 11:10 PM
Same experience here. Noticeably quicker to pick up speed, but only notice the smell when I put it in the garage ;)

Brian

zentac
13-07-2004, 08:01 AM
My first thoughts on this was that a decat pipe cant increase boost....but after last night Ive had a re-think. We are struggling to hold high boost on my car and weve put it down to the exhaust not being free flowing enough. Also talking to my mitsi mechanic mate he`s had an EVO III in recently whos exhaust is too free flowing. He has a 3" pipe and the turbo just runs away with its self they cant control it... so yes a decat pipe could increase the boost slightly.