PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Legnum VR4 *** BOUGHT! ***

jb2815
09-12-2009, 05:38 AM
*** Found one, updated in the last post ***

The Galant's on the way to its happy new owner, so I'm after a replacement.

I'm after a facelift Legnum VR4 Type-S in black, white, or silver.
Little to no modifications to keep costs down,
Less than 150,000km,
Some sort of service history,

Will pay upto $7,000 for what I'm after, and am able to buy from next week onwards.

I know what's on trademe, I'm just wondering if anyone has one they are thinking of getting rid of.

VR4WGN
09-12-2009, 08:00 AM
i have a Black 2000 Manual Facelift available,its not for sale but it is at the right price if you know what i mean

jb2815
09-12-2009, 08:19 AM
Sounds perfect mate :happy: What are some details about it, and what price sounds right to you..

jb2815
09-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Also, I'm feeling like a change and leaning towards tiptronic over manual but I'll see what crops up

bradc
09-12-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm not sure if $7k is right for a manual facelift! Assuming a car is in good condition it should be more like $10k, especially if it is black.

VR4WGN
09-12-2009, 07:16 PM
hence if the price is rite Brad... Tiptronic?? you guna change your mind again dude?? Personally your Funds of $7k will Highly ,be unlikely to sit you in a Facelift VR4 Regardless i think,expecially a type s letalone.....

jb2815
10-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Not fussed too much about colour, I like white a lot, silver too, want a change from trigger mauve but not disregarding anything.

Tiptronic is fine, I feel like a change. I did see a post not so long ago from someone in wellington region who got something similar for $5xxx.

I'll keep looking around..

VR4WGN
10-12-2009, 10:01 AM
doubt it for a facelift lol... BTW i have a Facelift Tippy that may be for sale,pearl white

-=white-zombie=-
20-12-2009, 09:46 AM
mines for sale
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=261164295

fuel
20-12-2009, 12:38 PM
not quite as cheap as $7k but definitely not as expensive as $10k - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Mitsubishi/Legnum/auction-258313953.htm

jb2815
20-12-2009, 09:21 PM
not quite as cheap as $7k but definitely not as expensive as $10k - http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Mitsubishi/Legnum/auction-258313953.htm

Yeah I was looking at that one too, however with any luck I'm flying up to Auckland tomorrow to pick up a 98 facelift type-s in indigo blue colour for under my budget! Hope its not a ****ter.. /yes

jb2815
23-12-2009, 01:42 AM
Right, I'm now the owner of a 98 Facelift type-s indigo blue Legnum.
Flew up to Auckland and drove it back down yesterday.
Bought for under budget so I've got a bit of cash left to fix a few things up and see if I can find a few second hand bits (woodgrain sunglasses holder with carbon fibre dash wtf). Car came complete with no less than 7 ambi pur refreshners on just about every vent, lets say it was a "floral" ride to the gas station...

Ryan
23-12-2009, 02:31 AM
Nice one! Looks good, hope it all goes well for you :)

mattnz
23-12-2009, 02:56 AM
Massive change from trigger mauve, lol.

jb2815
23-12-2009, 04:51 AM
Nice one! Looks good, hope it all goes well for you :)

Cheers, yeah the guy I brought it off had all the oil seals changed wracking up a $871 job as well as 2 new tyres done the day after the results of an AA check came out, so I'm greatful for that.
I drove back 530km with the red AYC light on so it's going into the shop tomorrow morning.

jb2815
23-12-2009, 04:53 AM
Massive change from trigger mauve, lol.

Haha yeah not really. Well at least my daughter doesn't call it the "purple car" anymore, its the "blue car that looks black".

elnevio
23-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Haha yeah not really. Well at least my daughter doesn't call it the "purple car" anymore, its the "blue car that looks black".
Funnily enough, I get the "purply car that looks black" description!

Looks nice, Nick Mann will be on to pass on his congrats too, I imagine! :smitten:

And I'm still chuckling at the air freshener quantities! :D

Glad some stuff got sorted before you got it - and hope the AYC is an easy fix. :thumbsup:

Ryan
23-12-2009, 09:52 AM
Cheers, yeah the guy I brought it off had all the oil seals changed wracking up a $871 job as well as 2 new tyres done the day after the results of an AA check came out, so I'm greatful for that.
I drove back 530km with the red AYC light on so it's going into the shop tomorrow morning.

Given the amount of air fresheners found, I'd say they probably have never heard of "AYC" and "fluid"... As Nev says, hope it all gets sorted (with a fluid change hopefully).

Out of interest, how many km's has it done? More pics too please :D

jb2815
25-12-2009, 11:55 PM
OK, had it serviced at the local dealership, they gave it a good going over. I got the brake rotors machined and the front brake pads replaced. They topped up the AYC fluid and erased the fault code (it was fault code 82 presents retaining to pump failure). That seemed to have done the trick though because the AYC is working now.

When I first bought it, the front tyres were over inflated by 10psi compared to the back, would that and a combination of worn brakes be the cause the AYC light to stay on with that error? Doesn't matter now, thankfully nothing needed replacing.

Heres a couple more pictures.. engine needs a bit of a clean, Oh and it had done exactly 140,004 km when I picked it up.

bradc
26-12-2009, 12:26 AM
That isn't the stock steering wheel! That is one from a car with leather.

Ryan
26-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Is it me or has someone coloured in the "Mitsubishi V6 2500 DOHC 16V" aspect on the engine cover?

It shouldn't be that colour at all.

jb2815
26-12-2009, 08:25 AM
Is it me or has someone coloured in the "Mitsubishi V6 2500 DOHC 16V" aspect on the engine cover?

It shouldn't be that colour at all.

Yeah it appears to be red vivid, same as on the mitsubishi word on the strut brace, pity they didn't colour within the lines...

ryanjames.powell
26-12-2009, 09:36 AM
That isn't the stock steering wheel! That is one from a car with leather.

Doesn't have to be a leather interior to have leather steering wheel/gear shift/handbrake. Mine does and until recently it had standard cloth seats. The chrome gearshift surround on the auto seems to go hand in hand with leather steering wheel etc, as mine has one too and very few seem to.

elnevio
26-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Doesn't have to be a leather interior to have leather steering wheel/gear shift/handbrake. Mine does and until recently it had standard cloth seats. The chrome gearshift surround on the auto seems to go hand in hand with leather steering wheel etc, as mine has one too and very few seem to.
Warning! Ignore Brad at your peril!

Besides, it's a wooden steering wheel. Which only came with the beige leather. Although matches (!) the fake wood sunglasses holder he's got. :D

CANDEE
26-12-2009, 10:56 AM
That chrome gearshift surround is standard for the facelift autos. :) As I believe the "normal" Nardi steering wheel, leather gearshift/handbrake are also std in the facelifts...

I think the carbon dash is transplanted though... lol as it only came out with the Momo wheel and recaros as part of the "sports pack" in the facelifts... though the supers are different again... lol

bradc
26-12-2009, 10:32 PM
The leather steering wheel is standard on all VR-4's. The wood inserts though mean that the steering wheel was originally from a Galant with leather, either black or tan. I've only got one interior pic of the red leather and that car didn't have a wooden steering wheel.

The chrome surround is indeed a standard thing on Supers and all facelift Type S's. Type V's still had the black surround.

The leather handbrake lever started to become standard on late prefacelifts and is standard on all facelifts.

The carbon dash however came standard on all Supers and facelift VR-4's up until May 2000 when they changed to the silver dash. Note however that VR-4's optioned with the tan leather still came with the wood dash all the way to August 2002.

KiwiTT
26-12-2009, 10:33 PM
... the results of an AA check came out, so I'm greatful for that.
You know you can possibly get an AA mechanical warranty for it for 3 years for about $1,000 (I did - and it almost paid for itself.). Worth considering if you want to avoid any big bills and are not modding it.

NOTE: Mine does have a Silver Gear cover, Carbon-Fibre Dash and Nardi Steering Wheel.