PDA

View Full Version : which boost controller

Simon
11-07-2004, 11:43 AM
yet more boost questions....i feel if i dont do something soon that i will get left behind :rolleyes5

Which one is best to get. i know theres a lot of £££££ difference, but is more expensive better??????????? :huh:

BLITZ DUAL SBC SPEC S more... All £246.00
BLITZ DUAL SBC SPEC R more... All £349.00
BLITZ SBC-DC more... All £397.00
BLITZ SBC i-D BOOST CONTROLLER II more... All £509.00

Is the last one expensive simply due to the screen display?????? just for show???? If you guys with boost controllers had your chance again would you change???? Im confused :dozey: what should i get??????????? :rolleyes5

Spirit
11-07-2004, 12:03 PM
I have the Spec S up and running no problem, but Pola has an issue with his but we think we have narrowed that down to a knackered solenoid.

If you can afford it get the Spec R dual solenoid - copes with up to 36psi - and get one from Japan, should be much cheaper ;)

Gssplaya
11-07-2004, 12:20 PM
yet more boost questions....i feel if i dont do something soon that i will get left behind :rolleyes5

Which one is best to get. i know theres a lot of £££££ difference, but is more expensive better??????????? :huh:

BLITZ DUAL SBC SPEC S more... All £246.00
BLITZ DUAL SBC SPEC R more... All £349.00
BLITZ SBC-DC more... All £397.00
BLITZ SBC i-D BOOST CONTROLLER II more... All £509.00

Is the last one expensive simply due to the screen display?????? just for show???? If you guys with boost controllers had your chance again would you change???? Im confused :dozey: what should i get??????????? :rolleyes5

i have the last boost controller, the SBC-iD2 mated to a blitz power meter. it has more functions that the others and its easier to fiddle around with.

i got mine second hand from a guy in lancer register.

zentac
11-07-2004, 12:49 PM
Im running the Apexi AVCR and SAFC

Wodjno
11-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Im running the Apexi AVCR and SAFC
hi .. i have got a hks evc 3 .. not fitted yet . you say about single and twin solenoid .. wot do these do and do you know which the evc 3 has .. is it going to work ???

pjjohnson
12-07-2004, 09:27 AM
I've had an HKS EVC 4 for years and been very satisfied with it - but just how do you make a comparison though ?

I'll be selling it ( hopefully ) in a couple of weeks if you're interested. I know how to set it up, its not complicated, but not how to install it.

enigma
12-07-2004, 10:16 AM
APEXi AVCR for me.......bit fiddly, but it has a self learning function!!!

Once you get comfortable with it its awesome! You can change boost over the rev range, and in different gears! It also has lots of monitoring options.

However, they are really all much the same! Interested why PJ may be selling his. I am guessing a full standalone management system is on the cards! :rolleyes5

pjjohnson
12-07-2004, 11:53 AM
You may be right - the Unichip will go as well if it all ever happens.