PDA

View Full Version : Engine Management Light ON

p1darbs
12-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Hi everyone... I have a 2003 2.5 V6 Elegance with 72000 miles on the clock with full service history. :smitten:

The engine Management light is on. I have read the codes and the translation is Bank1 Sensor 1 & Bank2 Sensor 1... heater circuit failure.

Is this normal for both sensors to fail or is it more likely to be a relay or wiring fault?

If so where do I find the correct Relay and how do I check the ciruit? Obviously replacing the sensors may just fix the problem... but I need to be sure before throwing money at it as Stealer wants £400 for 2 sensors a diagnostic test would not be included in that price /woot ... I have sourced the sensors for £58 the pair Brand New :computer: Nothing wrong with a bit of research.

Diagnostic would only give the same codes anyway (wouldn't they) and point to the heater circuit, from there it a process of elimination I would have thought. but just wondering why both sides have failed?

I got the car with the light on, drives OK but obviously using alot of fuel as it over compensates thinking the engine is still cold.

Any help advise replies on this will be very greatfully received... I am in Birmingham (Halesowen) 07977808145 you can give me a call too.

I also need a passenger fog light

p1darbs
13-12-2009, 07:00 PM
OK got the fog light so now just need to sort the management light does anyone have any knowledge of this please/bananaroc

GalantOnly
13-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Do you have exact fault code numbers?

Bat
21-12-2009, 08:30 PM
Hi,
My 2001 V6 has only 2 sensors one before and one after the cat. Maybe it flags the 2 blanks as fault codes because it uses the one sensor for both banks?
Or, does your car have a sensor in both front pipes?
The other option is the fuse and/or relay for the heater circuit has failed...
Cheers,
Gavin :)

GalantOnly
21-12-2009, 08:46 PM
There are 4 sensors in newer models (2001-2003)... One before and one after the cat in manifolds. On both banks...

And I have one of those engines with two defect sensors at the same time, so it's not unusual