PDA

View Full Version : Agreed Value Car Insurance...

HMG1K
13-12-2009, 06:55 PM
Anyone got any experience of this - as in a broker that underwrites this?

I'm looking at getting one of these policies as my insurance is up this Friday - Sky insurance don't seem to offer it, and a trawl on the web seems to be for cars 10 years or older.

HJM
13-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Anyone got any experience of this - as in a broker that underwrites this?

I'm looking at getting one of these policies as my insurance is up this Friday - Sky insurance don't seem to offer it, and a trawl on the web seems to be for cars 10 years or older.

I think Sky do offer it, some of the Supra guys have it?

J

miller
13-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Sky do offer it, i have it currently on my VR4. Think i paid an extra £75 per year for the policy extra.

HMG1K
13-12-2009, 07:06 PM
Thanks, folks! I couldn't see it as an option on their website. That's a cheap price as an extra, Mike - is it a competitive price overall on their insurance?

miller
13-12-2009, 07:08 PM
Thanks, folks! I couldn't see it as an option on their website. That's a cheap price as an extra, Mike - is it a competitive price overall on their insurance?

Each year they cant be beaten for me especially as all our motors are with them. You still need to call around first the Sky always beat it. Pees me off a bit that you have to do that in the first place but hey ho life isnt always easy eh!

Let them know your a member of CVR4 too, if you can after they have quoted you!

Mike

ANTHONY
13-12-2009, 07:10 PM
so is it that if you say your car is worth say 6k and the market is 2k they will pay out the agreed price

HJM
13-12-2009, 07:11 PM
Same here - all our cars have been insured with them for some years now - always the cheapest .....

J

miller
13-12-2009, 07:14 PM
so is it that if you say your car is worth say 6k and the market is 2k they will pay out the agreed price

you have to provide evidence, photgraphic and receipts then an agreement is reached between the two parties. But in essence everything that is agreed is taken into consideration etc

Mike

ritch_w
14-12-2009, 10:34 AM
try chris knott
http://www.chrisknott.co.uk -0800 917 2274 or 01580 752961

they were very good when the wifes Colt was up for renewal, very good feedback on the colt forum.

will be interesting to see how they quote on the bigger cars too

HMG1K
17-12-2009, 10:31 AM
ritch_w - THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!! Great recommendation with Chris Knott! /thankyou

I've moved just now from eSure on a £379 fully comp renewal, all the bells and whistles, to an Agreed Value policy of £6,000, with the same eSure perks, for just £469.99 with Chris Knott - for £91 more! :party:

Hats off to Dan at Chris Knott - he'd quoted me £541.99 earlier this week and when he just rang to say my photos of my car's condition had been approved by the underwriter, he said the price was now cheaper, from £541.99 to £469.99, and excess had dropped from £450 to £250!

I had tried Sky Insturance, not a good personal experience. After filling out their online form last Sunday to be contacted, I'm yet to get their call. I had to ring them on Tuesday. Sky wanted £800+ for an Agreed Value policy - but the only one they did meant you had to pay that for the first year for a standard policy, and you'd get Agreed Value policy in your second year. :rulez:

Anyway, thanks everyone for your help and advice - and ritch_w for the recommendation! Have some rep! /thankyou

ritch_w
17-12-2009, 10:20 PM
my pleasure ;)