PDA

View Full Version : Sports Personality Of The Year

aboo
13-12-2009, 10:16 PM
I'v just been watching this tonight & cant believe Giggs has won it.

IMO he should'nt even been up for it.

Can someone tell me what great sporting achievement he has done this year?

ianturbo
13-12-2009, 10:17 PM
he plays football for man u !! maybee Fergie had a say in it !!
ian

aboo
13-12-2009, 10:20 PM
Oh & how sick did Button look at coming second.

miller
13-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Thats a load of tosh! I agree with you Andy.

Roberto
13-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Giggs is close to retirement, it's that sad of a reason.

aboo
13-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Thats the only reason he was in the list Roberto.

ANTHONY
13-12-2009, 10:35 PM
who's giggs?

Ryan
13-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Sounds as well deserved as Obama winning a Nobel Peace prize :evil2:

aboo
13-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Its about on par Ryan.

I dont think he thought he deserved it eather as he had'nt prepared a speech.

Davezj
13-12-2009, 10:50 PM
giggs get top slot, that is shocking. button all the way.

CrossRoss
14-12-2009, 11:23 AM
I thought it was about PERSONALITY ... Gigg's has the personality of a wet f@rt! He won the PFL player of the year last year too, these are more like Lifetime Achievement Awards! Eddie Izzard, Major Packer, Seve, Bolt and Doreen Adcock were the only deserving winners and they all have a PERSONALITY! The England women's cricket team were robbed, Daley is a one hit wonder as is Haye and Button, and what the hell has Capello achieved (yet!!). Phillips Idowu failed at Olympics. Andy Murray failed everytime he got near a major and couldn't be bothered to turn up!! Strauss got lucky! Beth Tweddle, Mark Cavendish and Jessica Ennis all more deserving IMO. Cavandish lost because they can't give it to cycling 2 years running. Tweddle lost because noone knows who she is, 'cause there is no gymnastics coverage on TV. Ennis got my vote 7 events, came back from injury and she has a PERSONALITY! :ranton:

Nick Mann
14-12-2009, 12:14 PM
Isn't it voted for by the public? So the personality of the year is not necessarily the personality with the biggest/most impressive achievement.

I reckon all the women who are forced to watch man u and end up fantasising about rich fit footballers rather than their lager-lout husbands all picked the phone up last night! :P

AlanDITD
14-12-2009, 12:18 PM
are you guys serious? Giggs won it based on alot of things, most successful career of a footballer ever. Loyalty, all the work he does for charity and unicef out in seria leone etc etc

He is a genuine guy who doesnt get in the media light and at 36 is still one of the best footballers to grace the planet.

Whats jenson button done? Got a faster car than everyone else and driven it round a track for an hour. Holy **** what an achievement.

Spirit
14-12-2009, 02:56 PM
Can understand your point Alan......but it's sports personality of the YEAR, not decade or lifetime. It should be based on what they achieved soley in the current year.

I did not know who had won until now but would never have guessed Giggs !

elnevio
14-12-2009, 03:03 PM
Can understand your point Alan......but it's sports personality of the YEAR, not decade or lifetime. It should be based on what they achieved soley in the current year.

I did not know who had won until now but would never have guessed Giggs !
:iagree:

miller
14-12-2009, 04:41 PM
Its a Year not a lifetime award!!!

AlanDITD
14-12-2009, 05:02 PM
oh well what a shame, can no one on here just be happy for someone? Or is it compulsary to scrutanise everything?

Who vots for this by the way? the public.... what does that tel you?

Dom B
14-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Fair play to Ryan gigs, but it did feel like i was watching sports personality of the year 1996 seeing him up there, he was playing while i went to school, i didn't know he was still playing football, then again i never watch it, talk about it, look at it or ever want to hear of it ever again lol.

g8legnum
16-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Maybe another factor was that there was so much hype that Button was odds-on favourite to win, that all the real motor sport fans didn't bother as they though it was a foregone conclusion. That let the footy fans get one in and Giggs crosses the line with a 50,000 majority.

So just remember guys and gals, there's a real (sorry /whip political) election coming next year.......