PDA

View Full Version : Anyone we know ?

KiwiTT
14-12-2009, 04:51 PM
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10615443

Police are looking for a street racer who helped an injured rival racer out of his crashed car in South Auckland before driving off.

A silver Mitsubishi VR4 and an unidentified white car were racing, on Ti Irirangi Drive, Otara, about 6.30pm on Saturday.

Police said the two vehicles began racing from the intersection of Diorella Drive and Ti Irirangi Drive and continued toward Dawson Road, Otara.
The driver of the silver Mitsubishi veered off the road and collided into a palm tree where the vehicle stopped, trapping the driver inside.

The driver of the unknown white vehicle helped the injured driver from his Mitsubishi before leaving. The 23-year-old male victim is currently in hospital.
Police are appealing for the driver of the white vehicle to contact them immediately. They are also appealing for any witnesses to come forward with any information.

Note it was not me.

wantavr4
14-12-2009, 06:38 PM
No one would be stupid enough to admit it as the police could be checking forums.

aboo
14-12-2009, 06:45 PM
They know who the VR4 driver is as it says hes in hospital.

bradc
14-12-2009, 07:10 PM
Can't think of that many silver ones in the Auckland club. There is Jono's silver Legnum VR-4 and that is about it really!

Johny
15-12-2009, 04:59 AM
could also be a 6 or 7g

miller
15-12-2009, 09:43 AM
or even a 3000GT with the US badges!

bradc
17-12-2009, 07:29 AM
The manukau courier has a pic of the car. It is an 8G hamilton silver sedan with a MASSIVE dent in the side. The dent goes right through to the centre of the car. The rest of it looked ok though, no obvious damage from a second tree as stated.

Ahh well, more parts for the rest of us!

maori_by_nature
19-12-2009, 05:39 AM
Can't think of that many silver ones in the Auckland club. There is Jono's silver Legnum VR-4 and that is about it really!

johno's is off the road so cant be him...

T I dr is bad 4 race'n anyway its a strate 5k 2 lane road with lights through it. its a dodgy boy racers dream thats y the drags used to go thea all the time i remember goin in my younger days and a guy n a mazda managed to roll his car there